I need some help

Options
Ok, so I have been on MFP for almost six weeks and I did really well the first three weeks, I lost 7 pounds (which was great for me). However the last three weeks have been really hard. I was sick and ended up with a major flair up of my asthma and was on high-dose steroids for a week, but I can't seem to recover from that. I haven't lost anything in three weeks and it is killing me, I still have at least 20 pounds to go. I have been eating within my calories and I am working out again now (wasn't able to for two weeks when I was sick). Does anyone have any advice? I really need to start dropping weight again....

Replies

• B4baby3
    B4baby3 Posts: 17
    Options
    Ok, so I have been on MFP for almost six weeks and I did really well the first three weeks, I lost 7 pounds (which was great for me). However the last three weeks have been really hard. I was sick and ended up with a major flair up of my asthma and was on high-dose steroids for a week, but I can't seem to recover from that. I haven't lost anything in three weeks and it is killing me, I still have at least 20 pounds to go. I have been eating within my calories and I am working out again now (wasn't able to for two weeks when I was sick). Does anyone have any advice? I really need to start dropping weight again....
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    The 2 times I was on steroids i gained weight. I'm not sure what they scientific reason is for it. The fact that you are back on track after an illness is great. Make sure you are fully recouped and the dr has ok'd you being able to resume your exercise plan. Drink plenty of water too. You know it works b/c you lost 7 lbs before you got sick. Just hang in there and don't give up.:flowerforyou:
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My best advice right now, being untrained in any medical profession, is to take it easy. Don't overdo anything. Keep your calories in check, eat lots of healthy fresh foods, drink lots of water, and keep your workouts a bit easy for awhile longer. Walking and light weight training will help you keep up muslce tone and ease your body slowly back into some regular workouts. (Dr permitted)