eating out

Options
Hi all! I have not posted yet. Been on for about 2 months.
My question is how reliable and accurate are the calorie guides when eating out? Most chain places you can look up what you want and see calories. Like Red Robin. Last night I had a salad and just went with what MFP said for calories. I just wish I knew if it is right.

Replies

• Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I usually will try checking the chains website for Calorie info as well to make sure it is correct.
  • Wayne092
    Wayne092 Posts: 23
    Options
    Funny I asked the exact same question about five months ago when I first joined MFP. I've come to find most chain information loaded into MFP is accurate but you still have to review certain items. For example, information found for places like McDonalds, Wendy's,Chick Fil-A, are accurate. But if I go to a mexican food restaurant like On The Border I really question what is available under fajita's, etc. Lastly, and from a personal encouragement, do not get caught up in looking for a food the is lower in calories just to satisfy your tracking of calories. If you eat one chicken fajita do not go looking for a generic chicken fajita that is lower in calories. Take into consideration what your fajita consists of and be true to yourself. I hope this helps.
  • rucks20
    rucks20 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Chain websites are usually pretty accurate.