Help Tracking Calories burned from workout video/

Options
Hi. I just started the 30 day shred and am doing 2 workouts a day.. But how do I track calories burned. I know I will need to get a heart rate monitor but in the mean time is there an online calculator or some way of tracking it? Thanks In advance for any help you can give. :)

Replies

• sewhappymomma
    Options
    Bump.. I would love someones help with this ;)
  • jumatwins
    jumatwins Posts: 74
    Options
    You can log it as 'circuit training"...that is what I do...
  • Changemyfate
    Changemyfate Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When I use a video, I've calculated cals. burned by simply choosing the calisthenics option in the data base, but maybe you could also use the "aerobics" option too, depending on the type of movements the video includes. Input your time & MFP will give you a calorie burn. I don't eat back my calorie burn though. I try to stay at my limit & log my exercise knowing I am not trying to eat back my calorie burn.

Oh - I like the circuit training idea - probably better than mine for 30-day Shred!!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    A heart rate monitor really is the way to go. Most people on here swear by Polar brand, but I didn't have $60 and wanted one ASAP due to breastfeeding so I bought a cheaper one from Amazon (Pyle) and it has worked great.

Anyway, to answer your question.....the site below has most accurate calculations that I have found, but the exercise list is limited. It does take into account age, sex, weight and height. I have done some comparisons with this vs my HRM readings and it is the closest. I have found that MFP is way off. Some people say it is too low, some say it is too high. It is way higher than my HRM. And I keep my heart rate averaging 85% for my workouts, so I push it really hard, and MFP is still high for me. Anywho, check out this site, maybe it will be of help.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calories_burned.htm
  • sewhappymomma
    Options
    Thanks That helps a lot! I tried to find a generic one online yesterday but didnt have the patience to sit and find a perfect one so I logged what I came up with. It was pretty low to me but I could be wrong.

This will help!