My Bio about my WEIGHT during PREGNANCY. Please READ.

Options
It`s my first time starting this MyFitnessPal and so far, it`s pretty good. I have a 5½ daughter now. Before I got pregnant, I used to be 115 lbs, always has been throughout high school for a 5`4-5`5 average height for a Filipina girl. When I found out I was pregnant with my hubby at the age of 19, I got up to 208 lbs. I`ve gained 93 lbs. Sad but true! I was FAT everywhere, round, swollen (hands, feet, face, arms, OMG!) and all that stuff. I had a C-section giving birth to her :sad: she came out to be 8 lbs, 5 ounce ...after I had her, all I did was breastfeed her (they say and doctros say breastfeeding helps make you lose weight) ...so, I was boobfeeding up until she was about 1½ years old. When my baby was 4-5 months old, I started working out BUT the only workout I did was literally running AND Pilates. I would run, or jog or speed walk for almost an hour around my neighbourhood and then I`ll come home and do Winsor Pilates on a regular basis coz I have ALL the DVD`s and I would either do 20 mins workout OR the Accelerated Body Sculpting which is about 50 something minutes and of course, boobfeeding her without any formula on a daily basis. So, when my daughter was about over a year & a half years old, I was toned & lost most of the weight, I couldn`t get to 115 anymore though, I was 125... my ideal weight like what my doctor said is 125 but right now, I am 132-134... I want to lose that extra almost 10 lbs and I`m 25 now, & they say, as you get older, your metabolism slows down and it doesn`t help me working in an office and what I do is pretty much desk job! It`s harder now, I can`t get back to 125 BUT I give myself kudos for LITEREALLY losing alomost of that 93 lbs. I gained during my pregnancy! :love:

Now, for the first time to actually sign up at a gym, about 1 and a half months ago, my hubby & I joined YMCA and we try as much as we can to join all the classes they provide. including: Bars & Plates, Boxfit, Kettlebell, Yoga, Pilates, Stability Ball, Cyclefit and many more INCLUDING using the weight room and Ellpitical machine & Treadmill. NOW, I`m 130 lbs :smile: I do NOT want to be skinny but however, I would like to be toned & leaner, lose about 5%-6% of my body fat & be healthy. :heart:

I`m proud to get this far and I want to continue it, as long as I have control, discipline, motivation & proper diet & good exercise, I know I`m getting closer to my dream ideal weight.

KICK HIGHER
PUSH LONGER
RUN FASTER

MAKE IT TO THE FINISH LINE, YOU CAN DO THIS!

Replies

• mummylala89
    Options
    Wow that is brilliant! I had something similar, I gained like 6 stone while pregnant, my boy came out at 9lb 1oz after emergency c section.
    He is now 2 years old and I really wanna loose some weight! I am 176 atm but wanna get down to about 110 as I am only 5ft 4!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    BRILLIANT indeed!! what great motivation for others who feel hopeless :)
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Good job! It seems like you have lots of discipline!

I'm Filipina too! (though I don't speak Tagalog...except for a few of the raunchiest swear words lol)
  • misscarameL25
    Options
    It`s EASY to gain weight BUT it`s HARD to lose weight. Sucks!
    But I try to keep it healthy now, I drink as much water as I can while I`m on my desk coz the Nestle water bottles are provided here freee courtesy of our company, and I`ll just drink 4-5 sometimes 6 of these 250mL...

mummylala89 --> keep going mama!

JennaMarie222 --> Thank you Girl.. I try to motivate myself and others that needs and wants motivation :)
  • misscarameL25
    Options
    MtnKat --> Sometimes, I do..sometimes I do. It soooo sucks when you go to Filipino parties and they have like roasted pigs and lots of rice and all those deliscious filipino delicasy dish!! LOL! It`s torture!

P.S. swear words, tsk tsk for me... I try not to say it out out, especially infront of my babygirl. hehe!
  • mummylala89
    Options
    Thank you hun, I have lost a lot by just calorie control but realising i need to up my exsercise, started the 30day shred and been at zumba today :D