Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
Has anyone tried using Apple Cider Vinegar to speed up metabolism suppose to help with your health too?

Replies

• erin023
    erin023 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've wondered this myself. Anyone have experience with it? Good./bad?
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I use it. I love it! It helps my allergies, my sinus congestion and reduces my appetite (not like a diet pill would, but just stops me from feeling ravenous when there is no need).

ACV is great for a lot of things. I could go on and on. I told my mom to start taking it for her hot flashes and she's experienced the benefits too.

A few things to consider:

Vinegar is acidic and weakens tooth enamel. Do not brush your teeth for AT LEAST 30 mins after drinking acv. and best to drink it through a straw to avoid the teeth.

the most palatable way to have it is in something already acidic: lemonade or OJ works well. I just drink a tablespoon in a large glass of water b/c i love vinegar.

Best to use organic unfiltered ACV. Braggs is a great brand. You can find it in most supermarkets, amazon.com (best deal) or GNC

Any other questions let me know!
  • Vickiesings
    Options
    I have been using it for a while. I use the organic unfiltered kind. It is a little expensive but it is supposed to be a lot better for you.
  • KillRbee18
    KillRbee18 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You now, I’ve recently just started taking it (two tbsp and 1 cup of water) and I will admit that it does curve my appetite. I have done some research to see the benefits for taking it, however there are no proven studies that say it does benefits you. In my opinion, it also gives me a boost of energy, but that can also be related to eating a semi paleo diet? I plan on keep doing it, however if you’re starting out it is highly recommended that you ask your doctor prior to doing it.
  • brandy5812
    Options
    9lbs in a week!!! I am totally going to try this if nothing else to give my weight loss a jump start. Thanks for the info yall :)
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    my RD recommended it to me just this week. She says: The Apple Cider Vinegar helps in breaking down fat, which helps in natural weight reduction. It contains a host of vitamins, beta-carotene, pectin and vital minerals such as potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, chlorine, sulphur, iron, and fluorine.

I dunno, it is certainly not going to hurt anything.
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it helping with weight loss but I do like to put it on my watermelon cucumber salad with some dill. YUMMM!
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    I have a book "Vinegar 1001 practical uses",

On the subject of weight loss.... Cider vinegar has been used as a weight loss remedy for centuries, and although the mechanics are not always clear on how it works, it realy does work.

I always have a teaspoon of cider vinegar in a pint of water each evening after my main meal to help me through the snacking temptations, dont know why but it cons the body into thinking it's not hungry.

lol
    :drinker:
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I used ACV pills to relieve nausea while pregnant, :smile:
  • KillRbee18
    KillRbee18 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Who's the author of that book?
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    Who's the author of that book?

Compiled/author Margaret Briggs Abbeydale Press

It has ISBN 1-86147-167- X
    Cost £6.99 (UK)

Igot it for a £1 UK at a car boot sale, best £1 I've spent in along time.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    If you are going to use it please do not use the store bought which is actually only regular vinegar with coloring

Braggs is the only true kind to use. It can be a bit pricy but worth it. You wanna see stuff floating in it.. I've found it at Giant as well as GNC...
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    If you are going to use it please do not use the store bought which is actually only regular vinegar with coloring

Braggs is the only true kind to use. It can be a bit pricy but worth it. You wanna see stuff floating in it.. I've found it at Giant as well as GNC...

I concur, as does my RD.
  • abbie72003
    abbie72003 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I take it in pill form. I was plateauing for several weeks and started taking them and it really has helped with water retention/bloating. It has also helped in clearing up my skin. Haven't noticed it helping too much more then that but the scale has been moving again in the last couple weeks since taking them.
  • Dancer113
    Dancer113 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hit a plateau so my trainer suggested i start taking ACV in pill form. I haven't noticed a dramatic difference in my body as far as weight loss, but it has helped with water retention/bloating. I've only been taking them for a couple weeks so i'm not sure how long it would take to see results. I've heard good things from others, but everybody's bodies work differently.
  • PurpElle85
    PurpElle85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    There was an 80+ year old woman in my office one day, and she looked like she was in her mid 50's... I asked her what she did to stay "young" she said number one, you are only as old as you feel... and number two for as as long as she remembered, she would take 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a couple of slices of pineapple first thing every morning!!! I started doing that, and I noticed a change... I stopped for no reason at all, but i'm definitely about to start back!!!!!
  • orangeboardbunny
    orangeboardbunny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My mother takes it for acide reflux, I am assuming her doctor recommended it, but I can't say she has seen any weight loss from it. You know I think she has been using the grocery store kind, so I wil pass this on to her, thank you every one for your insight on this matter. :flowerforyou:
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    My mother takes it for acide reflux, I am assuming her doctor recommended it, but I can't say she has seen any weight loss from it. You know I think she has been using the grocery store kind, so I wil pass this on to her, thank you every one for your insight on this matter. :flowerforyou:

Yes please tell mom to stay away from the store bought kind. She is wasting her money. She will notice a difference when she starts using Braggs.. Its amazing.. You can also use it on your hair after shampooing to remove all the gunk built up
  • star0207
    star0207 Posts: 21
    Options
    so what do ya'll think is best the ACV liquid or pills??
  • joanie1313
    joanie1313 Posts: 17
    Options
    What is Braggs? Is that a brand online? Where do I find it. I love apple cider vinegar but only buy store brands, i love dipping cucumbers into it.