Just did 1st day of 30 Day Shred

Options
I just now (about 2 mins ago!) finished the first day of the 30 Day Shred! I'm not planning on doing it every day just yet, because I have classes and other things at my gym most days. However, I survived! I am 276 lbs, and I have a knee issue, so I had to modify the jumping jacks and jump rope and butt kicks. However, I still stayed in motion during those exercises, and I am dripping!

I just wanted to encourage anyone who's very heavy and considering it--if your doctor thinks it's ok, give it a try! It went by quickly and I didn't quit! :)

Replies

• lovezies
    lovezies Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I just finished my 2nd day of 30DS! And it is kicking my butt as well! But I did it and I'm going to do it everyday. But it might kill me! Lol
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep up this motivation you won't be disappointed at how good you feel after you complete all 30 days.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Keep it up!! Cant wait to hear about your results :-)
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    It is a great workout! I am ten lbs over weight, and I struggle through that workout and it makes me sweat. I'm on day 8 or 9? It is all about how hard you push yourself. Great job, you will see results quickly in your strength and endurance and I'm sure it will help you drop some weight. Keep it up =)
  • c1nder
    c1nder Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first day also. I am also around 260, have been struggling with a recent knee problem (never had one in the past) and I think we may have the same first name.

I really cant do a proper jumping jack at this time, which is frustrating, but I modified it in order to baby the knee. It is hard and a good work out!

Keep it up...I am going to try for the everyday :smile:
  • starcyndycyn
    Options
    Thanks, everyone--and way to go back at you! :)
  • TrishRyan
    TrishRyan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day to!! I loved it!! It's been 101 days since I changed my eating habits and exercising daily and I've lost 42.8 lbs so far!! (Starting weight: 185lbs, Current weight: 142.2) I run for 30 minutes every morning (haven't missed one day in the past 101 days) and I just wanted something to help push me a little further and to help lose the last 27 lbs. I'm so excited to see what it does for me by the end of the 30 days!! Good luck everyone and keep it up!! We can do this!! :)