How Do you Log your Exercise

Options
When you do a video, how do you log what you have done?? I have two that I am currently doing and I dont know how to log them. One is Leslie Sansone walk at home and the other is Jillian Michaels shred it

Replies

• karenrich303
    Options
    I don't know how either. I did a Jane Fonda Fit & Strong workout with hand weights for 25 minutes. I don't know how many calories I burned but I put down 300. I joined Curves and the circuit which takes 30 minutes is said to burn 500 calories but when I logged it in here it said 314 calories. I guess that's good enough. I would suggest looking up the different exercises on line and see if they give you a calorie burned count. That's what I'm going to do. Good luck with your weight loss!
  • abbie72003
    abbie72003 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you can get yourself a good heart rate monitor it will give you a decent estimate on what your calorie burn is. Get a heart rate monitor with a chest strap for a more accuracy (I use Polar FT4). If a video or game (wii or kinect) gives you an estimation of calories burned and MFP gives you a different estimate, I'd take the lower amount.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Before I had my HRM, I logged my Jillian workouts under Circuit Training.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I bought a HRM, that's the only way I knew how to enter it for videos. Though for the "walking" ones I just put walking at that rate...I think Leslie has you going approx. 4 mph if you keep up with her every step. At 250lbs, I was only burning 250-300 cals for JM 30DS video...and at 230 closer to 200 cals.