Trying to not step on the scale...

Options
I started 30 Day Shred Monday and my plan was to not weigh myself until the first 10 days are over and I move on to Level 2. Well, problem is that pretty much every time I'm in the bathroom that scale is looking at me and calling my name.

It used to be cookies calling my name, got over that and now it's a scale. I must have an obsessive personality.

So, any tricks for overcoming scale obsession? I was thinking of putting it somewhere hard to reach until the first 10 days are over.

Replies

• PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Don't put it somewhere hard to reach, because all you will have to do is get a chair or something to stand on to get it down. Take it out of the home. Take it to an office or something, or hell, ask a friend to "babysit" for you... lol. but 99 times out of 100, putting it "somewhere hard to reach" doesn't work...
  • lcn1220
    lcn1220 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Put it in the trunk of your car.

...Yes, I did this.
  • jhunt90
    jhunt90 Posts: 78
    Options
    I started 30 DS Monday too and have the same problem, haha
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have serious issues with the scale. One thing to tell yourself is that the day after you do any kind of muscle work, you are going to weigh more because your body is holding on to water to heal your muscles. That will keep me off the scale because I know i'm not going to like what I see and if you are doing 30 DS everyday then this knowledge will help you.

Maybe leave it at a friend's house? I've told my boyfriend to hide it before. It's so dumb because i KNOW the number means nothing but I still want to know~!
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options

...Yes, I did this.

i LOVE it
    haha

i can imagine myself sneaking off to a sketchy parking lot and taking my scale out of my trunk to weight myself... hey, it use to be to eat wendys. could be worse, right??
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Out of sight out of mind works for me. If I can't see it, I don't feel the need to step on it every time I walk in the bathroom.
  • daylily2005
    daylily2005 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'd just go ahead and weigh. The more you try to talk yourself out of weighing the more you are going to want to weigh. :)

But that's just me. If you've got someone else with you ask them to hide if for you!
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'd just go ahead and weigh. The more you try to talk yourself out of weighing the more you are going to want to weigh. :)

But that's just me. If you've got someone else with you ask them to hide if for you!

I would just weigh as well. I don't tend to get discouraged though by the numbers so if you do then this isn't a good idea :)
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options

...Yes, I did this.

i LOVE it
    haha

i can imagine myself sneaking off to a sketchy parking lot and taking my scale out of my trunk to weight myself... hey, it use to be to eat wendys. could be worse, right??

LOL!!! I totally used to hang out in sketchy parking lots and eat fast food :P I'm also a scale junkie, so maybe I should follow this advice! You know, drive to an empty parking lot, make sure nobody is looking, take the scale out of the trunk, put it somewhere that nobody can see, look around to make sure, get on, off, throw it in the trunk and drive off fast so nobody sees you.
  • Lkoblara
    Lkoblara Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    The trunk of the car is a good idea. I am a stay at home mom so no office and live an hour from my friends. I could have my husband hide it... I used to have him hide my Christmas stocking candy, lol.