Coconut Milk Frosting

Options
MoreThanMommie
MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/01/16/chocolate-frosting-shots/

Anyone tried this? I've got the monthly family dinner coming up and I am supposed to make cupcakes. I'm thinking this would make a good frosting for them but I'd never heard of this. How does it taste? Do I have to keep it refrigerated until serving time? If you take them out too soon will the frosting slide off? Anyone try this??

Thanks!!

Replies

• jldunn713
    jldunn713 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've never tried this recipe, but in my experience with coconut it generally starts to melt at room temp and might not stay on the cupcakes unless kept refrigerated
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I've never tried this recipe, but in my experience with coconut it generally starts to melt at room temp and might not stay on the cupcakes unless kept refrigerated

That's what I was thinking too. I have to drive almost a hour to get to my mom's house. I didn't really want to pull cupcakes out of the car and find that all the frosting had slid off. LOL.
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    when I have a party like that I make cupcakes, dont frost them and bring two FROZEN containers of coolwhip(usually one chocolate and one of the seasons fav french vanilla or the regular one). they thaw while I drive and when I get there I "frost" the cupcakes with that, and put on some berries.
    You can even mix in dry pudding mix to flavor the coolwhip so ou can make like a oreo one or pistachio or butterscotch. They are always a big hit especially in the summer( dont frost till just before serving tho. )
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Great blog! I never tried that, but I will! thanks for sharing the link!