I have just found my new snack!!

Options
Zichu
Zichu Posts: 542 Member
Lately I have been having a lot peanut butter to up my fats, I couldn't find anything besides these Jacob Flat Breeds with Seeds to spread it on. They are quite thin and they are really nice.

I decided I wanted something with more nutrition in it, so I decided to try peanut butter on a banana. Best idea ever. Even though it was a pain to spread on, it tasted amazing.

I will be having this often. I just cut the banana in half, length ways and spread it on both of the inside of the banana. I had like 25g of peanut butter and a 7 inch banana which was 254 calories in total and a mixture of all macros, but if you want to increase your healthy fat intake and get some potassium, I suggest you try this if you haven't already.

Also, what other ways have you incorporated nut butters into your diet? I was thinking of adding it to brownies lol.

Replies

• AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I usually have a tbs of pb spread on apple slices - yummy!
  • angelicasmommy
    angelicasmommy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    This is one of my all time favourite snacks. *Drools* I don't cut the banana though, I just spread the pb on top. My ex looked at me like I was wierd last time I ate one in front of him though. When I was pregnant, I remember spreading pb on a piece of bread and wrapping it around a banana and calling it a banana hot dog lol
  • trainlikekatniss
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana is SO good! I often eat it on bread or in oatmeal for breakfast. Yummy!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Yum! I tried PB & Banana yesterday for the first time and I was in heaven. Great healthy snack!
  • Curry0724
    Curry0724 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If you heat up the pb for like 10 seconds.. it is a lot easier to spread.
  • bolgerp
    bolgerp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat 1 tb of peanut butter in a cup of Chobani Vanilla Greek Yogurt. Delicious!!!
  • ShakeyMD
    ShakeyMD Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I mix dry oats and bananas together, then add whatever I want and bake them into little cookies. The other day I tried oats, bananas and peanut butter. I don't put any sugar, oil, etc in them. The banana moistens the oats while they cook. I think they are good but my kids hate them LOL.
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter and banana sandwiches quite often. :smile:
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    This is one of my all time favourite snacks. *Drools* I don't cut the banana though, I just spread the pb on top. My ex looked at me like I was wierd last time I ate one in front of him though. When I was pregnant, I remember spreading pb on a piece of bread and wrapping it around a banana and calling it a banana hot dog lol

Lol when I made it, everyone was like, "That looks disgusting."
    My Mom decided to try it and she really likes it. The others don't like peanut butter so...

If you heat up the pb for like 10 seconds.. it is a lot easier to spread.

Will definitely try this next time.
  • ShakeyMD
    Options

Admittedly I laughed thinking of you eating that banana hot dog! That's so funny!
  • jazzedorange
    jazzedorange Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Try dipping your banana in chocolate pudding (sugar free or fat free)! This is my new fav snack!!! :drinker:
  • cardiolvr
    cardiolvr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you tried PB2? You can order it on Amazon. Tastes way better than pb and waaaay less calories.
  • breza262
    breza262 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My kids' favorite summertime snack is frozen banana slices with just a dollop of peanut butter on each. I stick a toothpick into each and freeze. YUMMY!

I use nut butters in almost everything: homemade granola bars, oatmeal muffins, etc.

I'm stuck on putting a TBSP in the blender with my chocolate protein shake.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I dip apple slices in pb for a snack (just as a previous poster mentioned). I also make a breakfast wrap with peanut butter and banana filling.

Edited: misspelled banana
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I eat 1 tb of peanut butter in a cup of Chobani Vanilla Greek Yogurt. Delicious!!!

I read, "I eat 1 lb of peanut butter" and was insanely impressed. But uh. Peanut butter in yogurt is good too :).

Peanut butter and banana is so much better than peanut butter and jelly. Best sandwich ever.
  • ShakeyMD
    Options
    Have you tried PB2? You can order it on Amazon. Tastes way better than pb and waaaay less calories.

I read about this earlier...might have to look into it!
  • Flafster
    Flafster Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    <wail> 245 calories is a snack??? It's most of a meal's worth for me.

Tis lush though. It's my default breakfast of choice
  • ShakeyMD
    Options

That's a powder, right?
  • LittleButMightyOne
    Options
    I love peanut butter spread on a piece of whole grain toast with slices of banana on top and a tiny drizzle of honey over that. I usually eat a hardboiled egg with it if it's a meal so I get enough protein to keep me full. PB on banana by itself is totally delicious too, however. And I also love PB on apple slices. MMMMM.....
  • mhuch110
    mhuch110 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You can melt 1/3 C of choc chips with 2 Tbls of peanut butter and dip 1 inch slices of banana in it....stick it in the freezer on a wax papered covered tray. Only 30 cals a piece!