Potato Fries

Options
beep
beep Posts: 1,242 Member
I usually use Idaho potatoes for this.

Slice your potatoes into 8ths long ways. Place them in a bowl and add chopped fresh rosemary (or dried), garlic salt, parmesan cheese (however much you want) and drizzle olive oil over it. Toss them to coat and place them on a greased cookie sheet (actually, I use my jelly roll pan) and cook at 425 for 45 minutes until golden brown.

I find I can eat a couple and feel like I've had a whole potato, and the kids love these. They smell incredibly good while baking too.

Replies

• beep
    Options
    I usually use Idaho potatoes for this.

Slice your potatoes into 8ths long ways. Place them in a bowl and add chopped fresh rosemary (or dried), garlic salt, parmesan cheese (however much you want) and drizzle olive oil over it. Toss them to coat and place them on a greased cookie sheet (actually, I use my jelly roll pan) and cook at 425 for 45 minutes until golden brown.

I find I can eat a couple and feel like I've had a whole potato, and the kids love these. They smell incredibly good while baking too.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    mmmm now there's a nice comfort food! thanks!!!
  • pauladavies86
    pauladavies86 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'll be making these tonight with dinner... :o)
  • pauladavies86
    pauladavies86 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    they were delicious! the hubby even loved them. I never really thought of putting the rosemary and garlic salt on it... YUM! thanks!
  • beep
    Options
    You are so welcome! Great with carrot slices too, and together with the potatoes.
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I tried potato fries before but they burned and it wasn't so hot. I'm going to try it again with sweet potatoes to see if I have better luck.

I think it's because I didn't grease the cookie sheet. ><
  • sarakenna1
    sarakenna1 Posts: 261
    Options
    I make these all the time! I love them. They do tend to stick to the cookie sheet I use, so I flip them midway through cooking to minimize that. The trick is to get them out of the oven just before the fries around the edges of the pan begin to burn. I put garlic salt on mine. MMmmmmmm.