30 Day Shred Help

Options
So I just started 30 Day Shred. I am on Day 3. I have been on here for about a month and have seen a steady drop in my weight. Around 1 pound a week. Then I started this and I have gained a little weight. I know that muscle weighs more than fat so I took my measurements this morning so that I could track those as well. And I can already tell a difference in my joey pouch ( as we call it from my pregnancy and subsequent emergency c section) It is smaller and toning up quickly. I guess my question is if any of you who have done this have seen the same thing? Did you gain a little weight due to building of muscle/recovery and then the closer you go to the end of the cycle did you actually lose the pounds? Also if you have done 30DS and have pictures of your results...they would be GREAT for inspiration. I am dedicated to this for sure. Last night my internet was out so I used my phone to do it!!!

Replies

• WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Weight gain in 3 days could be a number of things, including water retention. I wouldn't worry about it . I have done the shred twice and yeah I am pretty sure I gained a tad first week or so. I lost around the 10lb mark after the shred and loads of inches.
    What you will really gain is endurance to work harder and in turn lose more as time goes on. Lots of luck!
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Ive just done day 7, level 1 this morning. But I gained 3lbs in the first 3 days then lost 5. I've read that lots of ppl gain at first. But also, I've read that for most, the weight loss isn't as significant because your building so much muscle. People lose more inches than anything. I didn't take measurements, just photos. And I can tell a pretty big difference in my stomach already! Keep at it :) I'm sure the weight will drop eventually but the inches you lose are just as good!

Somewhere in success stories, a girl posted photos. I think the thread is called "Progress pics + 30 day shred results", or something like that. Her results are amazing! I think she only lost 5lbs but the inches disappeared! It looks like she had lost at least 20. Check it out if you can find it :) its great inspiration. Also, google before and after pictures from 30DS
  • AnnaYESiCANdoIT
    AnnaYESiCANdoIT Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I gained about 4lbs when I started it. I am going to be starting it again cuz I only made it like 10days cuz my summer is so dang busy!
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Here is my success story post. I did 30DS and then moved onto Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/648361-47lb-weight-loss-5-11-with-pictures
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Here is my success story post. I did 30DS and then moved onto Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/648361-47lb-weight-loss-5-11-with-pictures

You look great!! Thanks for sharing!
  • fieryred0424
    fieryred0424 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your help. I am just going to keep with it. I need to have my husband take some pics of me so that I will have them to compare. I am going to keep up with my water intake and really push in these work outs! I am going to do this right. I have been trying since my daughter was born almost 3 years ago to lose this weight and I am DETERMINED to get it off of me.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    Options
    Thank you all for your help. I am just going to keep with it. I need to have my husband take some pics of me so that I will have them to compare. I am going to keep up with my water intake and really push in these work outs! I am going to do this right. I have been trying since my daughter was born almost 3 years ago to lose this weight and I am DETERMINED to get it off of me.
    Definitely take before pictures! I really wished I had. It is so motivating to see how far you have come.
    My son was born 2 years ago and I am just now getting the weight off. It is so common for moms to put their own health on the back burner when you are caring for small children. I feel you on that one!
    Good luck to you!
  • amanda_ataraxia
    Options

You look great!! Thanks for sharing!
    Thank you!
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS before I got pregnant and lost loads of inches - not much weight, but I went down about 2 dress sizes.

Then after, I did RI30 - and I'm losing more weight..
  • listlife
    listlife Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm right at the end of level two and I haven't lost any weight from it. My strength has increased and I've lost a lot of inches though.

But I should add that I just started a new pill too and that might me inhibiting my weight loss. But overall, I've seen lots of improvements especially on my belly, which is where I hold most of my weight.

Most people I know who've done the shred have gained a pound or two the first week and then it goes away.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I finished Level 3 Day 7 this morning. I have only lost 4 lbs, but I have lost 4 inches off my waist, 1 inch off each thigh and gained 1/2 inch on each bicep. I still have a lot of weight to lose, but the changes have been great, I will probably do the series again when I get closer to my goal weight so I can try and get that 6 pack everyone is always talking about, lol.
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I just did my first day of Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred this morning, and I hope that I get some results from doing this workout, even if it's only strengthening my endurance to keep at it!
  • mummylala89
    Options

WOW!!! i am in simlilar boat, my boy is 2. I have lost a lot with calories control but it doesnt show that well so I need to up the exercises!!
  • mummylala89
    Options
    How many times a day should I be ding 30 day shred video?
  • fieryred0424
    Options
    I do it once a day and sweat the whole time. I also supplement with riding my stationary bike, but that is more for an energy boost than anything! Like earlier i was sitting at my desk almost asleep... went home for lunch and rode the bike and now I'm wide awake! I really hope I see some serious results. I definitely hold all my weight in my tummy and hips. I'm just going to work hard and keep working. Once I'm done with 30DS I'm going to try RI30. Any of you ladies can feel free to add me and we will help to push each other!
  • mummylala89
    Options
    I do it once a day and sweat the whole time. I also supplement with riding my stationary bike, but that is more for an energy boost than anything! Like earlier i was sitting at my desk almost asleep... went home for lunch and rode the bike and now I'm wide awake! I really hope I see some serious results. I definitely hold all my weight in my tummy and hips. I'm just going to work hard and keep working. Once I'm done with 30DS I'm going to try RI30. Any of you ladies can feel free to add me and we will help to push each other!

whats RI30? I have been doing exercises from here recently http://fatt-cheerleaders-suck.tumblr.com/Workouts
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 pounds the month I did 30 Day Shred -- though I lost 19.25 inches. I don't like posting pictures on here but I lost 2-3 inches off of everything and dropped a pants size.
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I lost 14.5 pounds and 8.75 inches. Make sure you measure!
  • fieryred0424
    Options

whats RI30? I have been doing exercises from here recently http://fatt-cheerleaders-suck.tumblr.com/Workouts

Ripped in 30... It's another JIllian Michaels work out DVD.