Need to lose 50 lbs and looking for more support buddies!!

Options
I have been stuck with my weight loss for awhile. Just this year I've had a pulled hamstring, stress fracture on my foot, and a concussion, which I am currently still trying to recover from. I love to exercise~running and Zumba are my favs! But now that I can't be active I really need to focus hard on my food, which being a food addict is always my biggest struggle. I generally try to eat clean and I have come a long way from where I started but I'm not where I want to be yet. I struggle with stress and emotional eating which is a work in progress and being down with injuries has been a big struggle for me. I'm tired of letting life's detours side track me and I am rededicating myself to being serious about losing the rest of this weight! I do know that support is so helpful for me so anyone else who needs support, please add me as a friend and we can help support each other and reach our goals!!! Thanks!!

Replies

• helenmc40
    helenmc40 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!! I am just getting back into running. Couldn't run for about 4 months (hip injury)!
  • deedeehatcher
    Options
    congrats on your determination! Have you tried exercising in a pool? The water would unweight your joints some and the water offers a resistive force when walking through it. Swimming is a great exercise, especially when working through an injury. It sounds like you are making terrific progress toward your goals. Keep up the great work. DD
  • TrinaTW
    TrinaTW Posts: 88
    Options
    Thanks!! Unfortunatley I don't have access to a pool. I do have an exercise bike that I can use but the last few days I've had to be on rest and will have to continue that through the week.