To eat or not to eat?

Options
I'm fallowing a diet and I've finished it for today but I work night shift tonight. So do I eat small snacks through the night or do I not eat because technically I should be asleep during this time?

Replies

• saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    You need to figure out what works for you.
  • Carol7Jean
    Carol7Jean Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just so you don't get fatigued I would at least eat a healthy snack
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    well you have 271 calories remaining for today, so...
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If you feel hungry, eat! If you aren't hungry, do a silly dance. It will make you feel happy.
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    Get some apples and snack on those. They are healthy and low in calories.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    What diet is it? Is it something that's going to be sustainable? If not, then I'd ditch the diet and work on a healthy lifestyle.

As for the scheduling--I'm sure you sleep. And your breakfast is whenever you wake up, your lunch is midway through your day, and your supper is toward the end of your day. Schedule your eating around your schedule. When I worked graves, that's what I did...
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    well you have 271 calories remaining for today, so...

Definately eat. You should eat at least 1200 a day.
    Have some Nuts, a Banana, or even a glass of milk if you're not too hungry. x
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    For me, my day begins at 1201am and ends at 1159pm. Whether I work days or nights. That's how my days roll.
  • W0lfReaper
    W0lfReaper Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Mainly what I'm trying to get at is
    1. Your awake all day
    2. You go straight to work
    3. Your now awake all night in addition to the day.

Is the night now a new day?
    Does the night count as part of the day?
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    why would you not count midnight on as the new day? treat what you eat at work as if it were your breakfast. I'm assuming you'll sleep some when you get home?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I think about it in terms of either 24 hours or 1 week. It's not like it's a magical 12-18 hour period that you're allowed to eat. If you're trying to figure out how to space it out and you wan a short amount of time is go with 24 hours. Personally I zig zag Monday - sunday.
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    If this is something you're going to have happen a lot, maybe you could keep track of everything from 12:01 am - midnight. Some days you will come out over on calories, other days under, but focus on your average at the end of the week. In the end, this is more about what works for you than a "right or wrong" answer.
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Working all day and then all night straight away sucks. Eat something - you are burning more calories just staying awake an extra shift.
  • W0lfReaper
    W0lfReaper Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I'm grasping This now! =^_^= you all rock!! Xoxoxx