Gaining Weight :(

Options
2»

Replies

• Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to lower your carbs, increase your protein and lower your sodium. I had the same problem and that is what I started doing and it worked instantly.

And than fire whoever sold you the Body By Vi for lying about being a miracle powder.
  • havs23
    havs23 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    how do you change your macro settings?
  • Spice_4_Life
    Spice_4_Life Posts: 225
    Options
    Sodium is a huge factor! Try staying around 1500 to 2000 for sodium. You could definitely use to eat some fruits and vegi's. Also try lowering you calories a bit and drink lots of water!! Good luck on your healthy journey!!!
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Another suggestion would be to change your work out routine. You're body may be getting used to what you are currently doing and not burning as much. Try doing intervals while walking. Jog. If you can't jog, there is a great app/routine called C25K that guides you along and transitions you from a walker to a jogger/runner. It could help. If you are on a treadmill, increase the incline dramatically. Confuse your body so that it works harder. Instead of using the elliptical, maybe there is a stair master? Or arc trainer? You don't have to do something different each day, but strive to change it up a little bit here and there.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Maybe I just don't recognise things as I'm in the UK, but I can't see much 'real' food in your diary, seems to be alot of drinks and dips.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    Sorry to beat a dead horse, but sodium is one of your big issues. Since I've been working pretty hard to keep my sodium levels down, I know how much sodium can cause you to bloat and hold onto excess water. On any days I ended up above the 2,000 mark or so, I would "gain" a few lbs in water the very next day. You don't realize how much Sodium affects you until you start working hard to reduce it. I know in the past 40 days since I have been watching my sodium my blood pressure has gone down a LOT!!! From 137/82 to now around 124/76. I know it's only from sodium because I have kept my exercise levels the same now as they were pre-watching what I eat.

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed. Like Roland said, it's hard at first, but once you get used to it you don't miss it as much. And when you do eat a salty afterwards, you will begin to realize just how much salt you were eating.
  • daisyyyy123
    Options
    oh no :( I know the feeling and it's so disheartening !
    some things to consider could be that if you are exercising a great deal, especially using weights then you could be building muscle which is (I believe) heavier than fat.

Another thing could be if you are eating lots of carby stuff like bread and pasta, that could be sticking around a lot longer than if you were to swap it for brown rice or salads.

Booze too is like liquid cream cakes, if you have been drinking at all? As a student I can sometimes have a binge and not consider it, then question why I'm gaining pounds whilst eating healthy!

Don't let it get you down though, if you are sticking to your diet plan then I'm sure soon enough it'll all drop off and you'll be back where you were headed! Don't give up!!
    :) xxx
  • shelk76
    shelk76 Posts: 58
    Options
    Im the same, i havent lost any since i logged in this year...depressing ;o(
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Lot's of processed foods. And you seem to be drinking a lot of your calories. I'd ditch the protein shakes or limit yourself to one a day. Maybe invest in a protein powder that you can make a more nutritious shake out of....the ones you are drinking now only have 14g of protein. And eat more healthy whole foods - apples, bananas, yogurt, eggs, grilled chicken, lean meats, veggies, cheese.