odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    From now on, I am "being douche with everyone."
  • Medtech2004
    Medtech2004 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yahoo_Bang_Head_Emoticon_by_WhiteDragon1983.gif

/\ Love this!!

And while I do believe sugar is overused in peoples diets I don't think it is evil. I do however stay away from artificial stuff, just my personal belief.
  • lb75081
    lb75081 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    funny-pictures-gif-cat-eats.gif

What? I can't hear you over the sound of my munching my sugary fruits... Which I eat daily.

LOVE IT!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I see way too many people complain about not enjoying their diet on the forums.

Orthorexia is killing us all
    It sneak into everyone's diet (I am no exception)

However, I've noticed many user practice arbitrary food elimination with no understanding of dosage or context.

Get over your orthorexia, give up the arbitrary food rules , COMMIT TO YOURSELF "STOP ELIMINATING FOODS YOU ENJOY" and you will see the enjoyment of your diet increase.

Drink anything that fits your macros.

Enjoyable foods are important for mental balance so you don't go crazy, if you need some tasty food everyday you're pretty normal, and if you eat it you just won't necessarily be douche with everyone... you'll be successful or on your way to being successful instead.

This post may seem negative but it really isn't I really want everyone to do well, I just get frustrated the food industry has us all wondering what good and what's bad. When really most of us have no clue and like to make posts about pinning obesity on one singular food item while completely lacking an understanding of global concepts.

Hope you liked the rant...

Fixed.

In case I hadn't said so lately, I love you.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I really liked what sidesteal had to say about my post.

I recommend reading it its much better than my post and I wish I had written it. At least I inspired it out from him.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm also glad you didn't take offense to it since I was indirectly disagreeing with your post.

But rather than just rewriting what you had to say, I would like to specifically address something about sugar since that seemed to be the main point of your article.

Given that the majority of people here are eating hypocaloric diets, fat oxidation will exceed fat storage. Your post seems to ignore long term effects and focuses on short term effects of sugar consumption. The below quote, which I'll get to, also indicates this.

As for the fruit question:
    Fruits are okay, but too much is still too much. Fructose is harder to process and is more likely to go to your fat cells. Choose veggies over fruit when you can. Your body knows what to do with Glucose better.

First of all, "too much" is a pretty wide target. I'm not at all suggesting that people get their carbohydrates strictly from candy bars, but given an energy deficit and a diet composed of "mostly" nutrient dense foods, the inclusion of some sweets is really not going to make a difference in body composition assuming the user is performing in the gym and able to hit his or her macros.

I think you should check this out:
    http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=319

To be clear on this:

I'm not advocating a diet composed of pure table sugar for those of you reading this who would prefer to resort to false-dilemmas. I'm suggesting that using a bit of common sense with your diet, getting some exercise, and hitting your macros, is far more important than tracking every gram of sugar.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

However, I've noticed many user practice arbitrary food elimination with no understanding of dosage or context.

Get over your orthorexia, give up the arbitrary food rules , COMMIT TO YOURSELF "STOP ELIMINATING FOODS YOU ENJOY" and you will see the enjoyment of your diet increase.

Enjoyable foods are important for mental balance so you don't go crazy, if you need some tasty food everyday you're pretty normal, and if you eat it you just won't necessarily be douche with everyone... you'll be successful or on your way to being successful instead.

This post may seem negative but it really isn't I really want everyone to do well, I just get frustrated the food industry has us all wondering what good and what's bad. When really most of us have no clue and like to make posts about pinning obesity on one singular food item while completely lacking an understanding of global concepts.

Fixed.

you win! :heart:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Because it's already a chloride... yes, I know.

It's not a chloride, it is chlorinated. The three chlorine atoms are on three different spots in sucralose (Splenda(tm)). Also, these are organic halides (the atom bound to chlorine is a carbon) and these have different properties than chlorine ions, which is the state of chloride* in NaCl, MgCl2, and KCl. Just because chlorine is fairly innocuous in some molecules doesn't mean it can't harm you in others, e.g.: bleach.

It's not that I disagree with your post. And I definitely don't agree with the OP's. But I really can't claim any dieting expert cred, so I'll just stick to being super-correct when it comes to chemical structures.

*edited to correct, originally typed "chlorine" by mistake.

We are all VERY impressed.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

Fixed.

I am going to make you a pie, sir!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Because it's already a chloride... yes, I know.

It's not a chloride, it is chlorinated. The three chlorine atoms are on three different spots in sucralose (Splenda(tm)). Also, these are organic halides (the atom bound to chlorine is a carbon) and these have different properties than chlorine ions, which is the state of chloride* in NaCl, MgCl2, and KCl. Just because chlorine is fairly innocuous in some molecules doesn't mean it can't harm you in others, e.g.: bleach.

It's not that I disagree with your post. And I definitely don't agree with the OP's. But I really can't claim any dieting expert cred, so I'll just stick to being super-correct when it comes to chemical structures.

*edited to correct, originally typed "chlorine" by mistake.

Yes. That's why I edited my original post! I actually flunked out of chemistry so I really couldn't dispute that part with anyone, but the whole "Splenda is sugar with arsenic" crap had to be debunked. Thanks for posting and helping me out with that.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I really liked what sidesteal had to say about my post.

I recommend reading it its much better than my post and I wish I had written it. At least I inspired it out from him.

As for the fruit question:
    Fruits are okay, but too much is still too much. Fructose is harder to process and is more likely to go to your fat cells. Choose veggies over fruit when you can. Your body knows what to do with Glucose better.

You are aware that veggies and fruit both contain varying levels of fructose... right?
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my ICE CREAM SANDWICH!
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Everyone's weight loss/gain/stalls can be attributed to different things. My mother can eat M&M's all day every day and is still skinny and perfect. Others can just look at a piece of cake and gain 10 pounds. The same goes for what you drink, eat, etc.
  • jillthemom
    jillthemom Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    While I agree with you that in a perfect world we should limit our sweets, it is unrealistic. I have lost weight eating sweets daily. I try not to go overboard, but I think fitting them into my diet has allowed me to view this as doable. Otherwise I would more than likely have quit months ago.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Say what?

Stop eating sweets?!

ERNIE.gif?t=1341723024

the nerve....

LOL!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Yesterday alone you had honey, angel food cake, jam, a protein bar and juice. Do I smell a troll?
  • Magnamus
    Magnamus Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow!

What a successful rant.
  • ephemerata
    ephemerata Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Do I smell a troll?

trolls smell weird. don't sniff them! :<
  • mlcastle
    mlcastle Posts: 33
    Options
    on sugar
    - Dr. Robert Lustig : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM and http://www.wnyc.org/shows/heresthething/2012/jul/02/
    - Joy Bauer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxg9bt0cjiU
    on sugar alternatives
    - Joy Bauer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBJAPATq8hk&amp;feature=plcp

Have a watch/listen then make your own decision
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Do I smell a troll?

trolls smell weird. don't sniff them! :<

:laugh: