nike+ fuelband. calories ?

Options
Hey everyone, help is needed
I have just started using nike+ fuelband (i do a lot of Zumba, so needed something that would actually count my calories spent), but the band counts all activities. As in walking, cleaning, whatever else - everything is counted in its fuel points (and apparently I do a lot of walking).
So the question is, if say I am on a 1,200 calories plan for a day, do I have to add to it all of the calories for the day that the band counts? Or add only those calories that have been spent doing actual workouts ?

Replies

• sspscott
    sspscott Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I really want to get a Nike+. Do you like it? Anyway... I would assume that you would only count workout calories burned. Your everyday activities aren't logged normally, so I would imagine the same would go even if you have the info provided by your Nike+.
  • catusha
    catusha Posts: 11
    Options
    yes, that would be my gut feeling too

as for the band - I do like it, although the battery does run out every two days (instead of 4 as the band claims). I think its a good motivation tool, you can't help but want to achieve that daily goal
  • hungryshay
    hungryshay Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    yes, that would be my gut feeling too

as for the band - I do like it, although the battery does run out every two days (instead of 4 as the band claims). I think its a good motivation tool, you can't help but want to achieve that daily goal

My husband and I both got one at the same time. Mine lasts for 6 days at a time with me eating it all day, checking the stats a few times a day, etc. His only lasted a day or two at a time. He called Nike and they had him reset it. It cleared up. You might try that. If not there is a 1 year warranty they should be able to trade you out.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I only log the workout calories from mine. But I also compare it to my HRM. I'm a bit anal, though.