Pole Fitness/Chair & Floor Fitness/Flirty Girl Fitness

Options
I recently start taking classes at Xpose Fitness in Hanover, MD they offer pole, chair, floor and sexy stretching classes. I went for the free intro class before using my Living Social deal of 6 classes and liked it. The intro class is chair and floor and the show you what you'll learn if you take a pole class. I took my first official class (chair/floor) yesterday and it was lots of fun but hard. I'm nervous to try the pole class because I'm worried I'll seriously hurt myself so I'm starting off with the other classes. My question to anyone who've taken any class like this is will it help to flatten my belly and help me tone up? How often should I go to see results?

Tell me your experience with pole fitness...

http://www.xposefitness.com/

Replies

• Lecypage
    Lecypage Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm from Australia but I also started a similar pole fitness. I love the crap out of it. They have a 6 week course and then you 'graduate' and get to perform the routine at the end of term show (like a dance recital). It's awesome fun and such a good fitness routine. They also have miscellaneous classes like a gym would (like stretching and 'polates' and a kind of zumba thing). The great thing about it is you don't really realise you are toning. But to answer your question, yes, it will definitely help you tone up and flatten your stomach. Think of it like weight lifting, only instead of lifting actual weights, you are lifting your own body weight. I love pole fitness and think it's awesome you've taken up chair and floor. You should definitely give the pole class a go. Don't be scared of hurting yourself, everyone has to start somewhere and the first levels are usually pretty easy.

I don't know how often is the 'ideal' amount to see results but I go once a week every week and every few weeks if I have time I go to some of the extra classes and I've definitely seen a difference in my strength and my stomach is getting flatter for sure.

I hope you keep it up because it's so much fun and feels great to really nail a pole trick.
  • Shawnjay75
    Shawnjay75 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I think I will try the intro pole classes after I take the sexy stretching class. I need to become more flexible. I've only taken one class so far but I love it...it's so much fun and it's nice to come home and show my husband what I learned in class. I think he like seeing those moves more then my Zumba moves...lol. I love Zumba too...:smile:
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I did a pole dancing class for my 18 birthday and oh my goodness was i tired after.
    My arms hurt from holding my body weight and my inner thighs killed from grasping the pole.
    The worst i did to myself though was a couple bruises on my legs from bashing the pole.