Looking For Woman Friends Who Love Their Curves

Options
Hi All, looking for some female friends who like me aren't interested in getting society skinny, just looking to get to a smaller shape while maintaining their curves. Here's my story:)

I'm not brand new to MFP, I've been here before under another account but left from frustration. I spent about a month away and getting my emotions together. I was finding myself becoming obsessed with what others were doing, how much they were exercising and losing, constantly comparing myself and getting very discouraged. I gave up and told myself this will never happen I have so much to lose and it's impossible. I spent some time really thinking and figured my problem is always listening to others about who I should be, what I should do, what size I should be, what I should or shouldn't eat....blah, blah. blah:ohwell: I have decided this is about me and my journey. I need to do what works for me and my lifestyle, something that I plan on doing for the rest of my life. One thing I know is I don't want to be restrictive on what I can and can't eat until I die. I also learned I cannot make all changes at one time, so this time I am making gradual changes, adding in healthy food as I eliminate unhealthy ones. I am not outlawing any food, just all things in moderation and smaller portions. I know there are those who won't agree with my way and believe you should never allow anything considered unhealthy to ever pass through your lips and that is good for them that they can do that, I have learned over the many tries and fails that isn't for me. So if you are as me, trying to lose but not to super thin, maintain your curves, and just be overall healthier I would love to take this journey with you:smile:

P.S. My husband would also flip if I got real skinny, he is a rare breed in he likes big women. he met me at 330(lost 26 so far) and if it wasn't for me wanting to stay healthy,( I have no health issues from being overweight, recently had a full physical) and he wants me to be happy with myself, he would like me to just stay as I am, but he knows as the years go by that being that heavy isn't good for my health. He is my number one support!

Replies

• tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get thin, girl. If you can accept that, I can accept you. :smile:

As for curves, for me, they're like the bones in my body, just part of the frame.. I have a very round bum and shapely hips, no matter what size I am. I love my little peaks and hills. They are what make me feel feminine.

I kinda feel that women are like breakfast eggs, some like them soft, some like them firm. :happy:

And yes, I was raised with 5 brothers so my ideas are a little tainted. heh heh.... :)

Add me if you'd like. I will support you in your endeavors as long as you accept mine...
  • doingitforjesus
    doingitforjesus Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would love to have your support. I support everyone no matter what their personal goals are....because they are exactly that, their personal goals. Thanks for your offer of friendship and support. Looking forward to taking this journey together:smile:
  • ucpg
    ucpg Posts: 158
    Options
    i love my curves! however I do want a flatter tummy. i love food, and that is why i'm on MFP, because my eating habits are getting out of control.

I exercise enough, I have always loved exercising. Its a challenge to me, I do fitness dvds and i play soccer full time with some women from Church. being active is a normal part of my life.

i'd love to have more friends, its great for motivation and i like looking at what other people are eating so that i can get tips etc. I also enjoy the encouragement from others, so feel free to add me! I'd love to encourage you!
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    I am like you. I want to still eat what I want.

I like my curves, but I want them to be toned. I was told (at 180lbs) a few years ago that I was overweight and should weigh about 160-170 for my height of 5'7, but I LOVED the way I looked :-)
    I would love to get down to 170 and have most of it be muscle. I carry my weight well and many cannot believe I weigh as much as I do, but I am naturally muscular.

Add me if you want :-)
  • nicolebunny55
    Options
    Im like you too. I am not trying to be super skinny either, i just want to shape up my curves. Im only a little over 5'4 and i know the extra weight is not good for my small frame but i carry my weight nicely and if I rold anyone what I actually weight that usually dont believe me.

I take it one day at a time and try to eat good and exercise, but i refuse to be obessed with everything I put in my mouth.

So added me if you want, we can help each other through this journey:smile:
  • Gianna44
    Gianna44 Posts: 124
    Options
    I'm new here and would love for you to add me, if you'd like.

I definitely don't want to lose the curves, as you mentioned. But I am only 5'2" and it doesn't take many pounds for me to go from curvy to just "circular"! I also don't want to do anything now that I can't see myself doing for the rest of my life, and that includes giving up my favorite foods. I believe in moderation, both in diet and exercise (a little TOO moderate on the last one, I'm afraid!). I want to do this to become healthier, both for me and for my family.

I would like to encourage you on our journey!
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and would love for you to add me, if you'd like.

I definitely don't want to lose the curves, as you mentioned. But I am only 5'2" and it doesn't take many pounds for me to go from curvy to just "circular"! I also don't want to do anything now that I can't see myself doing for the rest of my life, and that includes giving up my favorite foods. I believe in moderation, both in diet and exercise (a little TOO moderate on the last one, I'm afraid!). I want to do this to become healthier, both for me and for my family.

I would like to encourage you on our journey!

I am 5'2 and it is the same thing. The extra weight always makes me look squat and round. I have had curves since entering adolescents and I am sure two kids later they aren't going anywhere. Now if only I could take some of my above curves an add them below to even the game out... ah well, I will do my best.

I just want to have relatively firm and healthy curves not lumpy, soft and doughy curves. :laugh:
  • corrinnalynn
    Options
    Steph most woman love their curves..but most of us feel like to be healthy and to feel more "pretty" I guess for lack of a better word..we want a little less bulk in those curves. But the main goal is to be healthy..and to ahve to much bulk is dangerous and I am proof of that fact. I was a heavy eater for way to many years and now am a diabetic with a bad heart. It can lead to bad repercussions. But to look "skinny",thats not my goal..to be healthy to watch my son go down the isle and be a grandma...thats my goal. Most woman here are here for that matter. Dont get frustrated at other peoples excercise habits and eating habits...everyone is here to help themselves..and for each person its just right. Just focus on your goals,whatever they are and dont worry about how others diary's are makeing you feel. I love my curves..but want less of them. I need to be smaller in the tummy and bottom...because thats the most dangerous place for my fat to be. Thats my goal.
  • Anappy
    Anappy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Amen to the curves. I would just like mine not to jiggle to much :laugh:

I do want to lose some weight and feel better physically. Curves are sexy but I need to be healthy as well.

Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    No one says anyone has to be model thin but the hard truth is that most women should not be over 200 pounds. That's just not healthy. If you honestly can say that you don't get winded walking up stairs, don't have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, hypertension, or diabetes then maybe you're fine but I seriously doubt that. The human body wasn't made to support 300 pounds. Something is going to give eventually and when it does you'll go down hard. I'm not trying to be critical but just seeing what excessive weight does to other people in my family I know all too well what the consequences are of just accepting your weight and doing nothing about it. Just ask my brother who at not even 40 was admitted to the hospital with chest pains a couple weeks ago. It will kill you.

Don't fight to be skinny, fight to be healthy.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Anybody can friend me! I just want to get my curves to be curves, not bulges (and not one all big curve.) I'm 5'9" so I carry it "well." I'm also the type that wants to eat what I want (I just need to learn how to better control the quantity), but I'm learning.

We all have our own learning curves (okay, so that turned into a bad pun) but if we work together, I think we can hit the hourglass figures we are each looking for.
  • gettinfit4god
    gettinfit4god Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Check out my profile and add me if you like.
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    I am your gal. I Love my booty and my tatas. I just wanna smaller tummy. Its the only part of my body im self concious about
  • Beautiful_Ideal
    Beautiful_Ideal Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love my curves! Would love to be friends with you all. I see a lot of people (especially women) on MFP that are striving to be at the thinnest, lower end of their BMI range. I get where they're coming from, and to each his/her own :flowerforyou: , but I think I'm most attractive right in the middle of the range.
  • tb_lawkid13
    tb_lawkid13 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    No one says anyone has to be model thin but the hard truth is that most women should not be over 200 pounds. That's just not healthy. If you honestly can say that you don't get winded walking up stairs, don't have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, hypertension, or diabetes then maybe you're fine but I seriously doubt that.

I have to disagree. The human body is absolutely amazing, and it is capable of a great deal. 200 lbs as some sort of "checkpoint" for most women is not cool. I have none of the issues you mentioned, and I know plenty of women over 200lbs that don't either.
    It just chafes my bum a bit when people make gross generalizations like that. It creates more harm than good sometimes. I believe in being healthy, not checking some digits on a scale.

With all that being said...
    #CurvyGirlsRawk
  • LadyRhodes01
    LadyRhodes01 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Amen! I love my curves as well. I surely can relate to your story. I have nothing against being pencil thin. Been there didn't enjoy it personally. After having 3 children I learned to appreciate my curves. They are what makes me a woman. I believe in having my own goals for me, and try not to let what I see and hear influence me. I've learned over time to love me for me. We are all different, but are all beautiful as woman, no matter what size shape or color. I have a supportive husband as well who loves me for who I am. I have battled with my weight the entire course of our relationship..he's been supportive always loved me..even when I was at my largest. I've battled with anorexia all my life, and addiction to laxatives (which is bulemia). Thank God I'm a survivor..through Him He has taught me to see me the way He does and that I can get healthy the right way. No more obsession with the scale says. If I look good and feel good in my eyes I'm definetely doing great.
    I need friends who appreciate their curves as well.:love::love:
  • Southernsass6885
    Southernsass6885 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Can I get an AMEN! I love my curves. I'd just like to lose some of the mountains and add a few valleys where I can. I'm in totaly support to anyone who just wants to get "healthy." I believe necessary weight/pounds are different according to your body shape. As for me, I'm happpy with what I've got, I just wanna smooth it down a bit. So anybody, feel free to add me :D