it'

Options
hey yall!
my working out/eating healthy pattersn always seem to be a constant roller coaster.
1 minute im super pumped to start working out, getting in shape, eating better...and then im like eh well big bang theory is on. lol

how do some of you overcome the comfy couch and start working out....start eating healthy AND STICKING TO IT? ill stick for maybe 3 days then im like hmmm im bored.

really need an overhaul....
any words of encouragement?

Replies

• robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Personally~ my goal is to work out five times per week. If I do~ well I give myself a reward. ~ However it is NEVER EVER FOOD!

It is usually something small~ I may go to GoodWill and buy something for the house- or a new shirt- or a new pair of pants- but its just something small- but I look at it and go yup- that's what I worked hard for this week.

Also- see if you have a friend who wants to be accountable with you. I have a friend and we work out two times per week together- but tell each other what we did the other three days.

Just a couple of ideas...
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    JUST DO ITTTTTTT!
    Rrowr!
    Don't let yourself watch Big Bang Theory.
    It's really quite easy.
    Just. Do. It.
    If you get bored...do it anyway.
    That's really the only way.
    You need some good self-*kitten*-kickery.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Constant reminders. Reading fitness magazines, going on line with us, and surrounding yourself with like-minded rl friends. You can do this !!
  • iamallison
    iamallison Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    (sorry for the title btw, accidentally hit enter woops!)

i should do the reward thing.

big bang is so good HAHA jk

i think the hardest part is my job. I work in IT, constantly at my desk solving my company's problems/playing therapist and by the time i commute home (i take a train to and from the city), im wiped.

I def digg the reward thing....and will try that!!
  • georgeinthecord
    georgeinthecord Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've been on diets before, but nothing's really worked for me until I decided that, "I'm not going on a diet, I'm going to totally change who I am and how I do things." And it's been really successful.

It's totally OK to skip a work out because Big Bang is on... but once it goes off, do your workout! :) Or maybe do it first thing in the morning, then you can enjoy yourself the rest of the day! Or even if you skip a day, or a week, you can just get right back on it! I know I have skipped my fair share of days from laziness. And in the past, I would've just quit... but why let one day or even a week, cost you everything you've been working for!

Good luck! I'll look forward to hearing about your success!
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    So, watch the big bang theory while jogging in place in front of the tv :)
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I put a 47" LCD TV in front of the exercise gear and pipe my wife's IPTV recorded videos to it. Now she does her Aerobic DVD, then hops on the glider and flips over to her recorded soaps/NightTime Serials....and she is in heaven.

I also put a 40" LCD TV in the dining room, also linked into the recorded IPTV shows. My daughter and wife will now walk around the kitchen/dining room while they are watching the shows they like. They both have FitBits, so the calorie burn from the walking flows thru to MFP, so they can eat a little more.

Walla! Couch Potato without the couch!
  • iamallison
    Options
    i really appreciate all the feedback!!

it is time to make a change. i really like the idea of its not a diet....def going to use that as a means to push me through - and using all of you as a constant reminder!!

i think my biggest obstacle is work. i can work anywhere from 8-14 hours some days (especially if theres a technical issue etc).
    i really have to break free of that mindset of well i can always do it tomorrow....famous last words.
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to find a reason why you want to lose weight, once you figure out a good one, it helps with the motivation
  • iamallison
    Options
    Sounds like you need to find a reason why you want to lose weight, once you figure out a good one, it helps with the motivation

DEF i completely agree. I want to, I need to. I've taken the first steps... quit smoking. (smoked for 8 years..believe me working in my field its SUPER HARD, but managing thus far -its been 5 months and counting)
    I've been a lot pickier as to what I purchase food wise... and its like, I can do all that, yet I can't overcome being tired and getting up and working out?
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    One thing I try to always think is... in a 1/2 hour, it's still going be a 1/2 hour later than it is now... so in a 1/2 hour, I could be done or almost done working out or...

The workout usually wins the battle but I'm human so not always. When I go for the first option I am guaranteed a high from a small sense of accomplishment once I'm done.