Lunch ideas

Options
Eleanor71
Eleanor71 Posts: 1 Member
I'm on 1200 calories per day and want some filling yet low calorie ideas for lunches...help!

Replies

• gmvvergara
    Options
    Me 2 I am waiting for Recipes.
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I make a bean casserole (can of black beans, can of kidney beans, can of black eyed peas, can of diced green chiles, can of corn, can of diced tomatos, some oregano, salt, cilantro, and hot sauce). It makes a ton, then I have a half cup over spinach leaves with some hummus. If you figure it makes 8 half cup servings, the bean casserole is only 114 calories, good protein, low fat, and yummy. With the hummus and maybe some fresh added veggies like carrots and cucumber, you're still talking less than 250 calories for lunch.
  • grumpers
    grumpers Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    La Tortilla Factory soft minis are regular tortilla size, the "fiesta" flavor has a little mexican pepper spice but not hot and they are 50 calories. You can make a soft taco or a wrap with them and because they are high fiber, they are really filling. I use left over chicken, beef, or a can of tuna in water, and then add lettuce, pico de gallo (finely chopped cilantro, tomato, and if you like a little onion) and maybe some lo-fat cheese. It is also easy to put together at the office!
  • lunchlady1208
    Options
    Arnold's Sandwich Thins are 100 cal each...great with some tuna or egg salad, or a veggie sandwich! They even make grilled cheese OK to eat!!....with low fat cheese, lol!