Sugar substitute for my daily coffee?

Options
What is the best sugar substitute for coffee? I am using 2-3 teaspoons of regular sugar per mug, and it is too high in calories for my diet! Any suggestions??

Replies

• peterses
    peterses Posts: 4
    Options
    my favorite by far is sweet n' low. a lot of people like splenda, but i hate the taste.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I use splenda or sweet n low. I hate equal. Next time you are at a restaurant take a packet of each and see which you like best. :tongue:
  • bgood24
    bgood24 Posts: 9
    Options
    Unfortunately a lot of subsitutes for sugar are loaded with chemicals. Try natural forms of sweetener. Coconut sugar and agave might be worth considering. Happy java drinking!
  • islandpwp
    islandpwp Posts: 32
    Options
    how about Agave
  • darias_mommy
    darias_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    None. i cut out my sugar and only add milk. you get used to it really fast. What a difference. Try it.
  • kerry1513
    kerry1513 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Liquid stevia. It is all natural and zero calories. Also, it comes in a variety of flavors. Currently, I am using the English Toffee flavor for my coffee.
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I personally use agave. Before that I used Truvia, but I like the flavor of Agave much more!
  • crystal_darling
    crystal_darling Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would not add any ____ substitutes to my anything. You wouldn't eat a chicken breast if it was made out of chicken substitute so why do the same with your sugar? Just work out to burn the sugar calories.
  • rosiecotton24
    rosiecotton24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to slowly cut down on my sugar. I used to put 5-6 tsp in each cup I drank (which is actually probably equal to at least 1 1/2 actual cups according to the coffee pot). I also put creamer in. Right now I have the International Delight Heath creamer and I can get by with 4 tsp the first cup and 2 the second cup. I hope to keep cutting it down to where I can just use the creamer then eventually cut that down to and maybe I'll actually be able to drink it black. lol
    I hate all sugar substitutes, plus they kind of scare me.
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I agree that you just have to find the one you like.... I HATE sweet n Low, don't realy care for Splenda or Stevia, and LOVE Equal.... It is all personal taste...
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Can you just reduce the amount of sugar per cup?
  • WhatDoesLisa
    WhatDoesLisa Posts: 214
    Options
    I just discovered stevia by a company called Nu Naturals. There is absolutely no after taste and one packet is almost too sweet for me. And I was a 4 packets of Splenda in a large coffee girl. This stuff is good!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You could try using less sugar and actually tasting the coffee, too!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I prefer splenda!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    3 tsp of sugar is like 45 calories. whooptie doo.

but in order to be 'pro', get delicious high quality coffee, brew it properly, and you won't need to add thing to it.
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would add any ____ substitues to my anything. You wouldn't eat a chicken breast if it was made out of chicken substitute so why do the same with your sugar? Just work out to burn the sugar calories.

Actually a lot of Vegan and Vegetarians do just that... Eat chicken breast made from chicken substitute.... makes this kind of a mute point hu?
  • jeanniebspurs
    jeanniebspurs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i use canderel but its not as nice as real sugar :cry:
  • WhatDoesLisa
    WhatDoesLisa Posts: 214
    Options
    Personally, I would add any ____ substitues to my anything. You wouldn't eat a chicken breast if it was made out of chicken substitute so why do the same with your sugar? Just work out to burn the sugar calories.

Actually a lot of Vegan and Vegetarians do just that... Eat chicken breast made from chicken substitute.... makes this kind of a mute point hu?
    [/quote

Moot point....
  • shelbielmiller
    shelbielmiller Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Can you just reduce the amount of sugar per cup?

That could work! LOL. Just have to get used to the taste!
  • davlaur
    davlaur Posts: 34
    Options
    I use sweetex.