Jillian michaels dvds?

Options
I am out of shape and i need to lose about 20 pounds asap. I've heard a lot of good things about Jillian's workouts, so which one will give me the best results? i tried banish fat, boost metabolism, and it KILLED me, i could do the first 7 minutes and had to quit. I also have asthma, so any suggestions? and success stories would keep me motivated! thank you. x..x

Replies

• ebontuck
    ebontuck Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is good. Helps to give you a goal to try to do all 30 days but also 3 different levels. You can go at your own pace and work your way up as you can. If you are finding it hard to incorporate the weights, do it without until you have worked up to adding them in. If you do all 30 days at level 1, at least you are doing something, but don't hesitate to push yourself for more. My 6 year old daughter loves to do 30DS with me including the weights!!
  • jeangirl928
    jeangirl928 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I would agree that you should try the 30 Day Shred first. It is a much easier workout. The Banish Fat one is sooo much harder and way more intense with cardio the entire 45 mins. Just take it easier and slowly build up once you get more stamina.
  • kimimila86
    kimimila86 Posts: 424
    Options
    I would highly recommend the 30 Day Shred too. I mostly saw inches melt away instead of weight, but everyone is different.

Once I finish the 30DS, I'm going to try Ripped in 30 because Jillian keeps me motivated!
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is a great starter DVD.
    You might find it challenging at first, but after day 3-4, you will definately see a difference in your stamina and strength, so don't give up!
    I was wayyyyyyyyy out of shape when I started. And I found this DVD do-able, not scary or too much, but still challenging.
    Don't be afraid to go at your own pace -- I did the two days on, then 1 day yoga class, then 2 days on, 1 day recovery. And I used light weights. And Level 1 did prepare me for Level 2 -- and I was able to increase the weights. Still, I was hestitant to go onto Level 3, so I did Level 2 for 19 days. So the 30-days turned out for me to be 39 days. Still worth it. I can totally handle Level 3 now, and will do it when I want an 'easy' workout break from doing Ripped in 30. My point is, don't be afraid to customize the workout to you, and then level up as you gain confidence and skills.
  • ChristaLee72
    ChristaLee72 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else. 30 Day Shred is great and it's really hard to talk yourself out of a 20 minute workout! :)
  • AmandaB2229
    Options
    Agreed...30DS is awesome, and, if you can find it, her Kickboxing Fast Fix is awesome too!
  • RenaHope
    RenaHope Posts: 80
    Options
    I'm currently doing Ripped In 30 and I love it. I have not tried 30DS, but after watching level 1 of 30DS, I think it is fair to say that level 1 of RI30 is a bit harder. Like everyone else, I would say start with 30DS. Then, progress to RI30. I'm doing the opposite just because I bought RI30 first without doing much research! Haha.
  • nlenz16
    nlenz16 Posts: 73
    Options
    Definately try 30 day shred! Once you get past day 4 or 5 you'll be glad you started! And just a tip - if you don't want to buy the actual DVD, YouTube has tons of the Jillian Michaels workouts on there to try :)
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    30 DS is definitely the best Jillian Michaels DVD to start with. Its only 20 minutes, so you feel like you can get it done in no time and move on with the rest of your day. Plus it gives you great results, you get stronger and you lose plenty of inches. I lost 4lbs in the first 2 weeks. Alot of ppl say they lose inches before they start losing pounds, but everyone is different. And once you finish 30DS you will feel like you can complete any Jillian workout , next thing you know you're 40lbs down. Good luck and much success :wink:
  • embeck79
    embeck79 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    try 30 Day Shred, that really kicked started my weight loss with fab results and nicely toned along the way. its 20 minutes with 3 levels, very effective workout for just 20 minutes and then you can get on with your day or add some more cardio like walking etc. good luck :smile:
  • CChandler81
    CChandler81 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just started 30DS as well and it's totally doable for beginners- the fact that it's 20 minutes and only 3 circuits keeps me motivated and pushing through the pain. I am incredibly sore after 1 day though! Question? Is it best to take days off or continue with it every day, despite being sore?
  • freeone17
    freeone17 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just started 30DS as well and it's totally doable for beginners- the fact that it's 20 minutes and only 3 circuits keeps me motivated and pushing through the pain. I am incredibly sore after 1 day though! Question? Is it best to take days off or continue with it every day, despite being sore?

I was worried about being sore and not taking any days off as well. I'm now on Day 4 (without taking any breaks), and the soreness is just starting to go away. So I think it's fine to do every day, and the soreness won't last longer than a week or so.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Agreed...30DS is awesome, and, if you can find it, her Kickboxing Fast Fix is awesome too!

I've just started kickboxing fastfix after finishing 30DS. Wow it is tough, but it is fun and I would also recommend it!
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I am out of shape and i need to lose about 20 pounds asap. I've heard a lot of good things about Jillian's workouts, so which one will give me the best results? i tried banish fat, boost metabolism, and it KILLED me, i could do the first 7 minutes and had to quit. I also have asthma, so any suggestions? and success stories would keep me motivated! thank you. x..x

I am right there with ya! I am out of shape and Next week I am hoping to begin the 30 day shred AND I have outrageously bad asthma!
  • Joorrrrdddyyn
    Joorrrrdddyyn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    glad to know im not the only one (:
  • Kimmel85
    Kimmel85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like Ripped in 30 and No More Trouble Zones.
  • raycolvin
    raycolvin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Start with 30 DS, as it will prepare you for the rest of JM's workouts...
    then do ripped in 30!
    Those two are focused on "shedding fat" the rest are toning ones...but I still have yet to try those!
    I'm on ripped in 30 !
    :)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/7044-ripped-in-30-challenge-summer-2012
  • kubyshechka
    kubyshechka Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You can try The Biggest Loser DVDs. They are pretty easy to start with. And the best par that the real people from the show are in the DVDs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!