moms with kids ;)))

Options
13»

Replies

• kickercole
    kickercole Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old. I started my weight loss journey about 18 months ago with small steps. First some walking and light exercise. Next step, incorporating a better diet - focusing more on nutrition and real food instead of restricting what I ate. I found that 100 calories of good food gave me more volume than 100 calories of "crap" and that's what I was really aiming for. I hate being hungry (aka hangry).

Some days are good, some are bad. But even after the bad days, I get myself back on track and remind myself why I started this journey.

I started by buying a treadmill to use at home. I wasn't going to allow myself any more excuses as I had in the past. We have an onsite gym at work, but I couldn't bring the kids with me to work out and it was far enough away from home I knew I wouldn't make a special commute on my days off. I work 12 hour shifts, so trying to get to the work gym before or after work was cutting into family time or some serious sleep time. So I bought a membership at a local gym that offers daycare for a small fee. I don't have any excuses why I can't go.

If it matters to you, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse.
    Keep it up! If I can do it, you can too!

4228395.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • KasieLoo
    KasieLoo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have 3 daughters. I'm just beginning my weight loss journey, but so far.... planning my meals ahead has really helped me stay focused on my goals.
  • deejaycee114
    deejaycee114 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i don't use my kids an an excuse for being a lazy pig.

sadly, a lot of us do. i know i used to. there is always...ALWAYS...time for something.
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Definitally struggling as well. My son is 14 1/2 months old. He goes to bed at 10pm and is up by 530 (if not before). Then its cartoons and mommy gets ready for work time and gets him ready for daycare time. I think my best bet will be evenings. Buut I will surely be tired, so may only stick to working out 3x a day starting out.
  • jessgarr27
    jessgarr27 Posts: 78
    Options
    I just realized that my title is kinda funny ahha;)))
    And i have three boys oldest is 8 and my twins are 3 and a half ... Feel free to add me im very encouraging to all my myfp friends ... I dont always logg my food because im always so busy but i do eat right and workout as much as i can ;))))
  • jessgarr27
    jessgarr27 Posts: 78
    Options
    Lazy pig??? Lol ... And all u ladies out there working jobs and being moms are my inspiration ;) im going back to school in the fall so im hoping to have that motivation and to not put my fitness and health on the back burner ... !!!!!, all u ladies are AMAZINGGG ;)))))))))
  • bianca23marie
    Options
    Hi,
    I have a three year old and 9 month. I try working out in the morning while they are still sleeping. It's hard to wake up at 5 or 6am but I know I don't want to be over weight anymore. I workout for a good hour and a 1/2, i have a treadmill and bike. But if the kids wake up and they usually do, their dad will watch them. Putting TV on for my three year old and holding my 9 month old. So, try doing anything you can during nap times, early in the morning, or at bedtime. It's important for your health and every little bit helps :) I hope you find something that works for you.
    Add me
  • Ricalde
    Ricalde Posts: 15
    Options
    I have an 8 month old daughter. It is tough trying go find time to workout. Then it seems once I do have time, I want to use it to just "regroup" lol. I haven't been doing so well getting my workouts in, but I plan to try and step it up
  • CarolineAndrus
    CarolineAndrus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 year old and a 10 month old. It's hard staying motivated with kids around! They are our #1 priority (as they should be!) and it's hard for us to take the time for us as well.

In addition to the full time job of being "Mom" I also work essentially full time from home for a book publishing company (7 days week I'm checking in!) and I'm starting my own web design business - plus I'm a food "Sample Lady" at Target on some weekend days.

I wish I could just NOT work and just do the mom thing and one thing on the side that I choose and then focus on eating right and getting in exercise. I need help finding that balance.

EDIT TO ADD: On a side note, I used to do the Wii Fit every night after the kids went to bed. That's harder in the summer because my 5 yo fights me because "It's still sunny time!" and "You need to lay with me!!!" Plus I started falling behind on work :( Again, need to find that balance!!!