I'm new here

Options
My name is Tabby. I am in need of some help. I have to lose 100lbs. I will be 30 in June and I will like to lose at least half by then. So if have any suggestions please send them my way. Thanks

Replies

• kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    hi tabby, i think the c25k plan or jillians 30 day shred are great places to start. you only exercise 20-30 minutes per day depending on which one you do. you can google either one or browse on here to find more:-)
  • dbenson48
    Options
    WALK WALK WALK WALK, DRINK LOTS OF WATER NO BREAD, NO FRIED FOODS, ZERO CALORIE DRINKS ONLY! yOU CAN DO IT, YOU JUST HAVE TO WANT TOO BAD ENOUGH! GOOD LUCK DONT GIVE UP!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :laugh:
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    Just don't give up!

Also, I assume your name is Tabitha? Because that's my name too!
  • Jb27
    Jb27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day on here, i started doing the 30 day shred 2 weeks ago and feel great, but how do i put that in for my exercise , what is it under and how many cals does it burn? Thank you
    ~Jessica
  • arlene964
    Options
    I am new here. Just signed up today. Looking forward to being supportive of others and being supported as well. I drink lots of water every day. At least two liters but I love food!:embarassed:
  • jennie_rae7
    Options
    I started here about three days ago and already feel more energized and pumped up about losing weight. I have even recruited my momma (arlene964)! Good luck to everyone!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    My name is Tabby. I am in need of some help. I have to lose 100lbs. I will be 30 in June and I will like to lose at least half by then. So if have any suggestions please send them my way. Thanks

Hi Tabby, (and you other newbies!) welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • dbenson48
    Options
    I THINK WE ALL LOVE FOOD! THATS WHY WERE ALL HERE! WE NEED TO LEARN WHAT KINDS OF FOODS OUR BODIES NEED TO BURN FAT, AND THET IS ALL WE SHOULD EAT!:)