respect

Options
I find that this site is so great at having people who are supportive and encouraging, but there is the other side of that too. As people are posting, everyone will have their own opionions and views, there is nothing wrong with that. What we should take into consideration when it comes to the sensitive subject of weight loss and healthy living is that a lot of people are struggling with an addiction or a condition that has been affecting them most of their lives. We have to take some form of sensitivity when replying to posts.
Some people have become "naysayers" or talked down to someone because they have achieved their goals or are further along in theirs when other have just started. One negative comment can change someone's whole journey, if not stop it completely.
RESPECT someone's journey and how they chose to get there. Everyone's approach is different and we should all keep an open mind when someone posts their ideas, questions or comments.
We are all playing for the same team here and all fighting the same battle.
Respect goes a long way!

Replies

• gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Amen sister, preach it! :smile:
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Here here!
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I encountered this issue when I first joined, yes we have to learn quickly to ignore those that don't respect us.

but I LOVE your statement... Thanks for sharing:)

Ronney
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree. People can get negative or sarcastic on here, which I really dislike. I am obsessed with this site, I love it..don't get me wrong. But when I voice my view or opinion on something I prefer not to have 50 other people bashing me for what I said. There are a lot of people on here who get snippy and sarcastic when they don't like what somebody says. There are definitely better ways to address the issue..or just ignore it altogether!! Well said!
  • tara_seay
    tara_seay Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I will definitely co-sign on this!

We have definitely (if we are overweight) at one point in time, have encountered people who are negative or have things to say that are ugly, and it just definitely takes a toll on people.

We are sensitive, regardless if you act it or not, respect others!
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I wish more people looked at it THIS way!