PRO Government.....

Options
mcdonl
mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
Ok, so everyone likes to dump on the food pyramid... saying too many carbs... But...

I think if you follow ALL of their recommendations you will be fine... if you are getting 30-45 minutes of cardiovascular exercise a day and eating the recommended 2500 calories (Depending on age, gender) you WILL be healthy and lose weight.

Cardiovascular exercise is NOT walking briskly... it is 220-age times either .5 (Low end) or .85 (High End) for 30-45 minutes... So, for me a 44 year old male it is 88-150

If I simply hit the 75% mark of 135 for 45 minutes I am going to burn around 650 calories... and that is only a moderate workout.

So, that means I intake only about 1850 net calories... given a BMR of 2000 (For my age, and moderate life style....) that means I will loose weight if I stick to the government recommendations.

Just saying...

Replies

• game05
    game05 Posts: 5
    Options
    you're just talking weight loss, which isn't the sole indicator of health. grain consumption is linked to a lot of diseases, including diabetes, and can help to inflame your blood vessels.
  • mcdonl
    Options
    you're just talking weight loss, which isn't the sole indicator of health. grain consumption is linked to a lot of diseases, including diabetes, and can help to inflame your blood vessels.

There are many ways to eat grains and not all of them are unhealthy.

A donut is not the same as multigrain bread.
  • mcdonl
    Options
    Also, there are just as many sources of information showing how red meat can kill you.
  • game05
    game05 Posts: 5
    Options
    Glycemic Index:
    Gluten-Free Bread = 79
    Whole-grain bread = 72
    White bread = 69
    Table sugar = 52

whole-grain is still grain.

now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go and have a pound of my special weight-loss bacon!