Should I Keep or Get Rid of My "Fat Clothes"??

Options
2»

Replies

• droogievesch
    droogievesch Posts: 202
    Options
    I started a group that may be able to help: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/7102-transitions-clothing-swap

Just post the clothes you have and their sizes and if somebody wants them they will PM you. Once we get enough people on here you should also be able to find some new skinny clothes as well! Just like donating, but it's going to other MFPers :)
  • allisondra23
    Options
    Let them go, if you have a hard time later on you will see those as back up and it will make it easier to eat your way back into them.
  • joanie1313
    joanie1313 Posts: 17
    Options
    I say buy cheapy work out pants till you are at your goal weight. Why spend all that money right away for only a few months of use. And for those that are rapidly loosing weight they have a lot of shops now with used clothing and though probably many of you would never think of wearing someone else's clothes give it a moment of thought. I work in a messy job and buy all my work clothes 2nd hand they get dirty and stained really fast. I think spend a little now and then when you reach your goal or close to it go nuts and buy out the store. Just my thought.
  • nataliexxxx
    nataliexxxx Posts: 262
    Options
    Not many of my clothes fit me anymore but I cant buy new clothes because Im not at my goal and it would be a waste, Ive got rid of most of my clothes and kept the ones which fit me now but once I reach my goal I will get rid of everything apart from cardigans because they will probably still fit

but get rid of them you never want to put the weight back on:)
  • mmwerner
    mmwerner Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on your loss. You are stunning and I bet you feel great!

Do NOT keep clothes that don't fit you in your closet. You will do better on your weight loss journey if you look and feel good in your current sized clothes.

You would be surprised what things can sell for on ebay. Put them in outfits and start the bidding at a price you would feel comfortable getting. Or take them to a consignment shop like Plato's Closet. Lots of consignment shops do trades and will give you more in trade than they would in cash.

Another option is to find a friend who is your old size and see if she has anything she'd like to trade in your current size sitting around. My best friend and I have been pregnant at different times and that's worked really well for us!

I'm so happy for you! Good luck cleaning!

Hello. Thank you soo much for the encouragement. It made me feel great! I took your advice and went to Plato's Closet and got almost $150 for my old clothes!!

That will definitely be going toward my new clothes, shopping spree fund! Hooray!