Why wont it go AWAY?!?!

So I started back in September with working out daily and something happened and I put it off for 2 months. Well I started back up in November and am still workingout everyday and eating healthier. Well I have noticed that my baby fat (flaby belly) wont go away but I can feel my muscles underneath. if I lay on my back or my sides I can see what is underneath and it looks awsome but I can't lose the flaby belly fat!! Is it going to take forever to get rid of? Why wont it go away? This is so frustrating!! Also I haven't lost any weight just inches. Could my birth control be preventing me from losing the weight?

I think I'm just getting discouraged b/c I can see what is under all that flab and it's not happening.

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    It's only been a little over a month. Have patience! I have lost plenty of weight while on the pill. In fact, now my body fat levels are dropping enough that my estrogen levels have decreased and I'm having more breakthrough on my pill due to the progesterone/estrogen ratio. Also, losing INCHES is the important part! Just losing weight is easy....go to the bathroom, get dehydrated, cut carbs. But losing SIZE means you're losing fat.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Before you can see the muscle underneath, your fat percentage needs to get lower. Just hang tight - I know I can't wait for killer abs! Just keep with it and you'll get there.

I have lost 21.5 lbs while on the pill, so I know that isn't the problem. :) Hang in there.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Have to state the same -- sounds like you're just wanting too much too soon. Inches are way more important than pounds so be happy with your success and give yourself some time to let the fat melt off!