stressed out

Options
So its finals week. I am extremely stressed out. when I am stressed out, I don't eat. No appetite ect ect. I don't feel okay, I just pull an all nighter and there will be more on the way. what do I do? when I do eat I get really nauseous, so I haven't eaten since yesterday morning. Help?

Replies

• fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Well, i'm completely the opposite when i get stressed out. my mind tells me "i need something sweet! Now!!!"
    But eating or not eating just because you feel like it is not what your body wants for you. Its only your mind on "freak out" mode. So try to get some simple snacks in your system. (i would try some warm tea and a granola bar) i would eat something that reminds you of being in a good mood.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    So its finals week. I am extremely stressed out. when I am stressed out, I don't eat. No appetite ect ect. I don't feel okay, I just pull an all nighter and there will be more on the way. what do I do? when I do eat I get really nauseous, so I haven't eaten since yesterday morning. Help?

oh i know what u mean! try drinking a protein shake or protein bar?

it will atleast give u some protein and carbs.
  • HelloSunshine
    Options
    Well, i'm completely the opposite when i get stressed out. my mind tells me "i need something sweet! Now!!!"
    But eating or not eating just because you feel like it is not what your body wants for you. Its only your mind on "freak out" mode. So try to get some simple snacks in your system. (i would try some warm tea and a granola bar) i would eat something that reminds you of being in a good mood.

I completely agree. Besides... if you take a deep breath and relax finals will go alot better for you. I've always found that when I cram really hard and get really stressed I do poorly but if i just relax and trust that I've gotten basic concepts down... i've done really well. :)
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    For one thing, stop pulling all-nighters. It's an entirely useless and ineffective way to spend your time. Take study 'snacks'--30 min of studying, 10 min break, etc. Sleep at night. Your brain needs time to form neural connections to sustain the memories of what you're studying.

Relax. If you don't know it by now, take that as a lesson to improve your study habits in the future.

Eat calorie-rich, healthy foods. PB&J with natural PB, natural fruit preserves, and whole grain bread is an easy and yummy meal.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I do the same thing but I am hypoglycemic so I have to eat. I keep healthy snacks around the house and just make sure I eat a little bit every few hours. I also have a very nervous stomach so I choose things that are easy on the stomach like yogart or peanut butter and wheat crackers.
  • dachinababe
    Options
    thank you all so much. I really appreciate all of your help. I lost my balance of life. everything became chaotic in just one day lol.. I'm going to get some sleep(haven't slept in two days) and prepare for my first final tomorrow. Also, I think I recently figured out I might have ADHD LOL..the symptoms were clear and there all along but I never realized they were a problem till now. sigh~ I'm going to the doctor soon and hopefully I can get treated soon and get back to my old life. :D TGIF