Sour cream vs greek yogart

Options
Can you replace greek yogart for sour cream in backed recipes (chicken, etc)

Replies

• Erthwalkur
    Erthwalkur Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I do...with 0% non-fat greek yogurt. Any recipes that call for sour cream...I replace with greek yogurt. Tacos, dip, Soy Chorizo Egg White Scramble (a new breakfast I created this morning.) :smile:
  • deepbreaths_strongmoves
    Options
    I always do and I think it tastes the same AND it's healthy :)
  • jkimmett
    jkimmett Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I always do. I put it on my baked potatoes and tacos and anything else I used to use sour cream for too. Kids don't even notice.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I do.....my 17 year old has yet to notice it's not sour cream on her tacos and chili :happy:
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I frequently use the 2% Greek yogurt in recipes that call for sour cream. Mostly for me this is in things like muffins or pancakes. They always turn out great, tasty and fluffy like they should.
  • seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    Another option if you have access to the right grocery store is labne. We use that instead of sour cream
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I never even thought of it! :happy:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I tried it in a casserole and couldn't tell the difference, but my husband noticed. So there must be a small difference but I think it's a great substitute. I actually like it slightly better for tacos & things.
  • MorissaW
    MorissaW Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I do this and my husband and kids have no idea :)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I should point out that my husband is very good at picking out ingredients by taste. I don't think most people could tell at all.
  • pfwright1
    pfwright1 Posts: 31
    Options
    Thank you for all you replys!!! I have replaced it in my Ranch dip and it is great!!