How can I make the most of walking?

Options
Hi

As a busy mum of 4 a lot of my exercise comes from walking. I swim twice a week and do zumba once a week and yoga once a week but I walk around 4 miles a day doing school and nursery runs and I just wondered how can I make more of walking? I can't speed walk as I have a 3 year old in tow and I'm pushing a double pushchair with two children in but are there any exercises I can do whilst walking? Might sound like a daft question I know!

x

Replies

• memmers
    memmers Posts: 112
    Options
    Try sucking in your stomach every now and then it engages your core.
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Ankle weights maybe? Also engaging your core while walking.
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Weight vest? Carry a backpack with weight in it? Walk faster? Lots of things you can do!
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Walking 4 miles is a good amount of excercise in and of itself. I wouldn't concern myself with having to add a lot to that if it was me doing it.
  • carrieblue052
    carrieblue052 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Squeeze bum and stomach in while walking, put sum ankle weights on under your jeans so no one can see them, weighted rucksack.
  • stacynicholi
    Options
    Taylor5877 has a point. It sounds like you're doing quite a bit of exercise throughout the week anyhow and I commend you! Keep up the good work!!

I know how you feel though - I'm the same way...I want results yesterday! Lol but it all takes time :)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    +1 for wearing a heavy pack on your back while walking. It will make a huge difference, and any little incline you will notice right away.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    my two cents .....

I think you're doing fine as is ...... maybe add a few minutes each week

But just the fact that you're out there is terrific ..... bravo !