How do people cope on 1200 calories p/d?!

Options

Replies

• InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Pasta and nuts look like they weighed down your diet plan this week. My BF and I are doing this together and we usually snack on light popcorn, cut veggies, etc. If you eat a cut pepper and hummus, it's filling with protein too instead of just protein and fat of almonds. I also am starting to give up on pasta unless I also load it on veggies because it is not filling enough for me alone. I'm doing the 1200, and usually go up to 1300. I love summer squash or peas in a pasta dish.

I also have certain "banned" foods that I just don't buy. I didn't personally set out to ban them, my mom never let us have them from childhood so I don't think to buy them. Obviously if I'm at a party or craving one, I will indulge but I don't buy cookies, chips, etc. My BF hates it especially the chips but I would rather enjoy them with a group of people instead of just by myself at home. Or I enjoy making them because it's way healthier that way/more enjoyable even if it isn't healthy. ;) I'm usually a cookies/cake junkie but I find if I have just one, I get cravings for them over and over again. If I cut them out, I stop craving as much until I have it again. We were going to buy little ice cream cups at the store, checked the calories, and went with froyo and sugar cones for the same calories but more volume of food.

I also don't buy coffee drinks though I totally love them and wish I wasn't as cheap sometimes. I love the Starbucks passion fruit tea, it tastes good even plain.

Thank you very much. I totally agree :)
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Zucchini is Aubergine!

The purple vegetable, right?

How does it taste?

And what a cool alternative name!

ETA: Doh, veggie, not fruit.
  • Annitte
    Annitte Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Why! You're almost there! You have to grasp the life style change. Look for foods that fill you up, like beans, some fruit, whole wheat, if your not allergic to these things. Veggies, lean meat. Heck! I don't eat read meat! but I'm doing 1200 or less, I work out twice a day! and so far! its all good, but I will say i don't have a large amount to lose. I just want to fit into all of my things! like the little black dress or my slinky red one...:glasses:
  • uglyhobo
    uglyhobo Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That's breakfast for me....
  • Elise_healthy4life
    Elise_healthy4life Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I exercise a lot so I can eat more because I eat those cals back that I have burned :)
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    That's breakfast for me....

Jealous :sad:
  • meryloneil
    meryloneil Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water throughout the day all day long. Eat lots of veggies - they fill you up! Make sure you are eating alot of protein too!
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    What helped me was to eat several things that were 100 calories instead of one thing that was 400 calories. I did eat somethings that were higher or course, but throughout the day I had several items that were only 100 calories like yogurt, popcorn and these seem to keep me satisfied
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Why! You're almost there! You have to grasp the life style change. Look for foods that fill you up, like beans, some fruit, whole wheat, if your not allergic to these things. Veggies, lean meat. Heck! I don't eat read meat! but I'm doing 1200 or less, I work out twice a day! and so far! its all good, but I will say i don't have a large amount to lose. I just want to fit into all of my things! like the little black dress or my slinky red one...:glasses:

Thank you. Unfotunately, the foods that fill me up the most seem to be the most calorie dense :(

I don't eat any meat at all, but I have some replacements. Quorn is a good sub for me :)
  • SunflowerRox
    SunflowerRox Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Zucchini is Aubergine!

How does it taste?

nope. eggplant is the purple veggie. Zuccini is kinda like a cucumber. its green and long.But healthy!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    What helped me was to eat several things that were 100 calories instead of one thing that was 400 calories. I did eat somethings that were higher or course, but throughout the day I had several items that were only 100 calories like yogurt, popcorn and these seem to keep me satisfied

Yeah, I think I'm gonna try that.
  • Annitte
    Annitte Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yea! I also do 1200 cal a day. Sometime I'm so full on lunch I don't have dinner, but try not to do that to often
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I don't eat when I'm bored. I think about what I'm eating instead of just mindlessly pulling stuff out of the fridge. I eat healthy, nutrient rich stuff. If I know there's a special occasion that day, I work out more so I can eat more.

Honestly, I'm 5 feet tall. 1200 is not a struggle for me. It was at first, but that's because I had been over eating consistently, but once my stomach returned to a normal size, it hasn't been a problem since.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    You will get use to it. Snacking helps and just give up some of the empty foods. You will never be able to survive if you eat all those calories at a fast food joint.
  • Crissthetealcat
    Crissthetealcat Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Leaner proteins. For instance, I just recently traded up my Jennie O Turkey Burgers for the Jennie O Extra Lean Turkey Burgers. I'm at 1420, and as long as I walk 50 minutes a day, I can get an extra 210 cals on top of that. I can easily do it without getting hungry as long as I am getting over 50 (preferably 70) Grams of protein a day, but most of them have to be super lean to get that many grams without going over on fats and cals.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Zucchini is Aubergine!

How does it taste?

nope. eggplant is the purple veggie. Zuccini is kinda like a cucumber. its green and long.But healthy!

Oh, I see! I've seen that one around. Never tried it. What does it taste like?
  • Zeal4LifeGirl
    Options
    One thing to really remember is there are some foods you can eat that will actually keep you from loosing weight. Its not really the "calorie counting" that matters so much as WHAT you are eating. Processed foods basically make your liver work harder becaue of the added chemicals and eating "pure" foods and "good fats" such as coconut oil, peanuts and avacados (to name a few) will actually help you BURN fat since they are "simple foods" and the liver can then function as it should wtihout wasting time/engery filtering out all the chemicals from the procceed foods. Easy way to remember if foods have ingredientes you cant prnounce put it down walk away and go for the "purer" foods - IF you want to curb your appetite Coconut Oil REALLY helps do this recommended daily dose is 2 tbsp and you can put it in your coffee and being that its a good fat it will even help you burn more fat - pretty cool actually. I eat every 2hrs and sometimes have to FORCE myself to eat but keeps metabolism burning and working as it should so I had to actually lower my coconut oil intake to 1/2 tbsp because it really suppressed my appetite and I want to be eating every 2hrs. I also drink Zeal Protein Shakes once a day and Zeal Burn which are both all natural and both have natural Carb Blocker of White Kidney Bean Extract so that really helps too. .. . . But keep your head up dont give up you got a ton of us on here to support you ---- Good luck girl !
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Zucchini is Aubergine!

How does it taste?

It's alright like...I wouldn't be mad on it. I find it in a lot of American recipes but we don't really use it much here!
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i'm on 1350 calories a day with high protein and lower carbs, and i eat every 2-3 hours

8:30am - "egglet" (i don't know what else to call it) It's the ingredients of an egg white/whole egg/ spinach, mushroom, tomato, turkey omelette poured into muffin tins and baked. i have ONE of these for breakfast

10:00am - chobani yogurt

12:00pm - 2 or 3 hard boiled egg whites

1/1:30 - lunch usually consists of chicken/turkey burger/fish with 1-2 servings of vegetables (brussel sprouts/cauliflower/spinach), sometimes I add shirtaki tofu noodles mixed with the veggies

3:00 - 2 or 3 hard boiled egg whties

4:00 - 2oz reduced sodium sliced turkey (hilshire farms or healthy ones)

7:00 ish - dinner is usually similar to my lunch, but i might add a real carbohydrate like orzo or potato

As you can see, i eat ALL day long and I never feel starving, which is SUPER important for me. If i'm starving I will make really bad choices and eat a days worth of calories in one sitting.
    I don't always eat my excercise calories - if anything i'll just have extra egg whites, chobani, egglet, or an apple.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    One thing to really remember is there are some foods you can eat that will actually keep you from loosing weight. Its not really the "calorie counting" that matters so much as WHAT you are eating. Processed foods basically make your liver work harder becaue of the added chemicals and eating "pure" foods and "good fats" such as coconut oil, peanuts and avacados (to name a few) will actually help you BURN fat since they are "simple foods" and the liver can then function as it should wtihout wasting time/engery filtering out all the chemicals from the procceed foods. Easy way to remember if foods have ingredientes you cant prnounce put it down walk away and go for the "purer" foods - IF you want to curb your appetite Coconut Oil REALLY helps do this recommended daily dose is 2 tbsp and you can put it in your coffee and being that its a good fat it will even help you burn more fat - pretty cool actually. I eat every 2hrs and sometimes have to FORCE myself to eat but keeps metabolism burning and working as it should so I had to actually lower my coconut oil intake to 1/2 tbsp because it really suppressed my appetite and I want to be eating every 2hrs. I also drink Zeal Protein Shakes once a day and Zeal Burn which are both all natural and both have natural Carb Blocker of White Kidney Bean Extract so that really helps too. .. . . But keep your head up dont give up you got a ton of us on here to support you ---- Good luck girl !

Thank you. I'm not sure how much of this I believe, though. I don't believe in demonising food groups. I've eaten a range of food throughout my weight loss.

However, bad foods make me feel bad, so that's motivation to stop eating them.

I have some coconut oil. Doesn't hurt to try!