Almost there..Need motivation to hit 100 pics

Options
jenalderman
jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
I told myself that I would not post before/after pics again until I hit 100 lbs. I've been at 99 lbs for weeks upon weeks now. I'm hoping that maybe some feedback might help motivate me over my hurdle. Be kind....I know all about "skinny fat". I do however work out hard but the 100 lbs has left a LOT of loose skin that doesn't really let my muscle show through yet. That will be an issue for my plastic surgeon once I lose that 1 more lb and keep it off for a year! I hope the swimsuit pics don't offend anyone but after living the life of a 234 lb, 46 yr old.....I'm awefully proud of them.

So.....here's my story in photos:

First....and most embarrassingly....here's me at my heaviest. After 20 yrs of being told how fat and worthless I was...well... I believed it and then I lived the part.

Beginning.jpg

Note that man sitting next to me..... he saved me. He told me that I was the most beautiful woman in the world so I started to see a little beauty in myself. He treated me like the center of his universe so I started seeing a little value in myself. He only saw the good in me so I slowly started to love myself. Almost immediately I started dropping a few pounds here and there.

James.jpg

Next.... enter my beautiful daughter Ash.

Ash.jpg

I was losing a few lbs but not enough. I was having heart issues along with high blood pressure and high cholesterol. She simply looked at me and said "Mom, I always pictured you being there to help me when I had my own kids". Well that night I got on MFP and the treadmill. At first, I could only run 30 seconds but......

2nd5k.jpg

This is me after placing 3rd in my division in my 2nd 5k.

The next pic is me on vacation in Cancun last year.... about 6 months into the process and about at the halfway mark on loss:

Halwaymark.jpg

And finally: This is me on vacation this year..... just 1 lb short of hitting that 100 lb loss that I want soooooo bad:

DSCF3289.jpg

Thanks for letting me share my story.

Replies

• auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    You look freaking amazing. Congrats on the two 5K's - you are my hero for today. Going to the gym to run my own 5k tonight. :flowerforyou:
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring story, thanks for sharing. You look awesome and you are beautiful. Keep it going!
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Finally got that last pic to show up. I was starting to think it was the universe telling me to NEVER wear a two piece....EVER AGAIN! BTW..... I'm now registered for my first half marathon in a couple of months. Wish me luck!
  • randomnennie
    randomnennie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You. Are amazing. You have accomplished so much, physically, mentally and emotionally. You rock :flowerforyou:
  • ahelland21
    ahelland21 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing!! Good luck on your half marathon!! :)
  • MrsBobbyNevada
    MrsBobbyNevada Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    AAAAMAZING! Awesome! Congratulations you look great!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    YOUARETHEWOMAN.gif

thanks for sharing your story ...... you are amazing !
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    Hard work paid off! Way to go :drinker:
  • TrinaTW
    TrinaTW Posts: 88
    Options
    Congrats on all your success!! You look great!! Also a big kudos to placing 3rd in your 2nd 5k~way to go!!!!
  • sara6442
    sara6442 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    wow your amazing well done....
  • tajour
    tajour Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC! And I am so impressed with your journey. You rock, thank you!!
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    u r amazing
  • delvir
    delvir Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look freaking fabulous.............wooo hooo hats off to you..............inspiring.........:smile:
  • MrsRachyx
    MrsRachyx Posts: 16
    Options
    Fantastic! You have done amzing! Such an inspiration, keep going til you get that 1lb! :)
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! What an awesome job!!!
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Offend anyone? You look amazing in that swimsuit!! I'm much younger, and I doubt I could pull it off as well as you have :) Congratulations on the loss and all the hard work that has gotten you to where you are today.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    You WILL do this! You have come so far and look so great! Keep it up, get over that hurdle! :smile:
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    Awesome story! So proud of you...You never gave up on yourself and you learned and continue to learn to love yourself~! That's an AMAZING accomplishment~! YOU ROCK!

You look incredible and I bet you feel it too~

Can't wait till it's my turn! I have hot a plateau and I have been very upset this week...lost a job I almost had...(came in second), bills keep piling up, the kids want new school cloths and supplies for school....and one of my kids broke my favorite coffee mug yesterday...NOT MY WEEK.....so I love seeing this because it gives me hope...better days are coming and I just have to keep truckin along~
  • Meloyelo2010
    Meloyelo2010 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • ali_supaslim
    ali_supaslim Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! You look amazing and your story is an inspiration! Keep up the positive attitude and the last pound will surely melt away!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!