Zumba

Options
How many calories do you lose on average doing Zumba? I use aerobic high impact since Zumba is not on the list of cardiovascular exercises. Not sure if I should just use dancing or aerobic.

Replies

• memmers
    memmers Posts: 112
    Options
    i think what i did was go to zumbacalories.com and calculated how many calories i burned then went and created an exercise on here and called it Zumba! :) I burn about 700 calories doing zumba
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    When you get close to goal treeat yourself to a heartrate monitoe like polar ft7 I burn a lot less than zumba and MFP says.
  • stufie
    stufie Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Before I got my HRM I used the zumba calories website, but find that my HRM tells me I burn a bit less than the site did. On average I burn about 480-600 cals a class (the zumba website said over 600).
  • debkc76
    debkc76 Posts: 7
    Options
    I wear a HRM and it can vary on the day. I'm between 500-650/hour.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I burn anywhere from 400 to 600 calories, depending on the instructor. I use a Polar ft4 heart rate monitor.
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    i think what i did was go to zumbacalories.com and calculated how many calories i burned then went and created an exercise on here and called it Zumba! :) I burn about 700 calories doing zumba

zumbacalories.com is really good if you don't have a heart rate monitor. I compared it to my hrm when I got one and it is very very close.
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Options
    I teach Zumba and burn about 597 an hour. :) All depends on how much you put into it. If you are still learning and are tentative about your movements, then you will burn less. HRM is the best way to actually tell due to that.
  • ewhitehurst1
    ewhitehurst1 Posts: 178
    Options
    I use a HRM and it all depends on your intensity. I can burn from 500 - 700 an hour.