Zumba

Options
kithalloyd
kithalloyd Posts: 135 Member
Anyone doing zumba is s how many days a week and have you notice weight loss. I have been doing zumba for 2 months now for 4-5 days a week and I am losing inches but the pounds seem to want to hang on. There is not a link on here for zumba calorie burn so I have been using aerobics. I hope that is a close match. If anyone has suggestions or ideas please share them. Please share your weight loss vs inches while doing zumba as well.:smile:

Replies

• Solosesso
    Solosesso Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I have been doing zumba for 6 month now for 2-3 times a week, depending on my schedule. I already had lost weight when I began doing zumba, but since I practice it I lost 12 pounds. it's not a lot, but it's a progressive way of loosing and it's perfect for me. I use "Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist" in the exercise section, and it gives me 500 calories for 60 minutes. It's not a lot, but I prefer underestimating the calories I burn. This way I'm sure I won't over-eat! =)
  • kithalloyd
    Options
    :smile: Thanks I try to keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat I can tell a difference in the waist line and my shoulders and back so I am going to stick to it
  • princessbowie89
    Options
    I just started doing Zumba last week at my gym! i love it! Going to try and do it 2 times a week a long with my other workouts. I havent noticed that i have lost weight; but my sis has been doing it for months and has lost a lot of weight! So im gonna keep doing it :)
  • angelbaby52102
    angelbaby52102 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've been doing zumba for 2 years, I try to go at least 2x per week. I notice when I go at least 3 times I see results faster, and when I put more into it, my instructor is great too, always reminding us to tighten stomach muscles and stuff when we are doing certain moves, scale hasnt moved much for me either but I can tell a difference with the definition of my arms/legs/stomach so I know it is working.

Plus its so much fun, it's the only workout I have found that i look forward to going to.
  • Solosesso
    Solosesso Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Plus its so much fun, it's the only workout I have found that i look forward to going to.

This! And it's also the only workout I have tried were I hear myself saying : "What?! It's already finished?! I want more!" =)
  • RachelWest86
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba for about two years now... My metabolism at the start of my Zumba journey was crazy, so I didn't change the way I ate but did Zumba, and my weight was steady. Now that my metabolism is starting to slow down, I've noticed that Zumba isn't cutting it, so I'm being more careful about what I eat. I've lost about 7 pounds since watching my food AND doing Zumba (mind you, I also go to the gym and run stairs on my lunch break).

Also, this website is a Zumba calorie calculator: http://www.caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/

Good luck!

Peace, love, and Zumba!
  • drift
    drift Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @Rachel, thanks for the link, it gave me 622 for the hour
  • lindahagop
    lindahagop Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanks I try to keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat I can tell a difference in the waist line and my shoulders and back so I am going to stick to it

So ask yourself, would you rather be smaller in size, or weigh less? I actually weighed less but was a size larger than I am right now. The difference is muscle vs fat. You're burning fat, honey, and building lean, great-looking muscle. Keep up the good work!!
  • kithalloyd
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words Im a number girl but your right Id rater look smaller and be more lean than to weigh less but be more flabby
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba twice a week and love it. I have lost 10 lbs in about 6 weeks along with a good diet. It is the only cardio I genuinely Enjoy!
  • kithalloyd
    Options
    I have a feelig Ill get on the scale one day an be surprised if I keep it up so for now I staying focused and remembering the words of my coworkers and my husband and that is that Iook slimmer :happy:
  • smhaze77
    smhaze77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have a Zumba class I go to for an hour every Sunday, plus I bought it for my Wii. I love it :) I googled how many calories does Zumba burn and a site came up with a calorie burn calculator. I then used the information from there to create Zumba as one of my excercises. Hope that helps :smile:
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    The first 15-20 pounds that I lost were from Zumba. Lost those in about 3 months (I think). Now I do it about 2x a week.
    There is a website that you can go to and it will tell you about how much you lost with zumba. You insert how much you weigh and how long and intense your workout was. http://www.caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/
  • HeidiYogi
    HeidiYogi Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Anyone doing zumba is s how many days a week and have you notice weight loss. I have been doing zumba for 2 months now for 4-5 days a week and I am losing inches but the pounds seem to want to hang on. There is not a link on here for zumba calorie burn so I have been using aerobics. I hope that is a close match. If anyone has suggestions or ideas please share them. Please share your weight loss vs inches while doing zumba as well.:smile:

LOVE Zumba! Started about 3-4 months ago and was only going once a week. I want to start going twice a week, went Sunday morning and am going again tomorrow night. Super fun workout! I wear my HRM each time and the lowest I've burned was ~800 calories! Two Sundays ago I burned 923 calories in 60 minutes!! It's definitely a calorie burner! :-)
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba for about two years now... My metabolism at the start of my Zumba journey was crazy, so I didn't change the way I ate but did Zumba, and my weight was steady. Now that my metabolism is starting to slow down, I've noticed that Zumba isn't cutting it, so I'm being more careful about what I eat. I've lost about 7 pounds since watching my food AND doing Zumba (mind you, I also go to the gym and run stairs on my lunch break).

Also, this website is a Zumba calorie calculator: http://www.caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/

Good luck!

Peace, love, and Zumba!

I wasabout to post that link. Glad I read through these posts first!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    i love zuma!! but I dont loose squat (pounds wise) unless I change my eating habits!! (MFP) today is my day 6..
    as far as calorie counting.. I agree theres no zumba option or body pump class option! ugh and i hate to guess what I burned..
    a friend of mine suggested "heart rate monitor".. like polar ft7 or ft4.. (around $60 or so) but there accurate (chest strap and watch for seeing easily) your heart rate and exact calories burned!.. im getting one this week.. I here you can burn up to 1000 cals during zumba..700 more average.. but everones diff.. and I know i would try that much harder if i Could SEE my results! =)
  • msoto2011
    msoto2011 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love ZUMBA.....I am trimming down and losing inches. I have not been weighing myself. This Saturday I will and let you know.
  • 3liza
    3liza Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow they just brought that class back to my gym. Also, I've always been curious but this time I'm definitely going to try it. Thanks!
  • homemomfreda
    Options
    I just started Zumba as well - love the workout & the sweat. I have been recording it as aerobics, high impact. Is that wrong?
  • gpollis
    gpollis Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I lost 28 pounds doing Zumba and eating healthy, it took me 10 months is fun ! keep doing it eat healthy and will see resuls. I began with 2 days X week then increaased 4 days Xweek.