Go for it.
  • ncwall
    ncwall Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    When I first started losing weight I didn't do cheat days, but once I started getting closer to my goal weigh I incorporated a cheat meal and like the video said its good psychologically and metabolically.
  • RES2333
    RES2333 Posts: 36
    Options
    I am a firm believer in cheat days. And like @dancerchickch says its good psychologically and metabolically.

This is a lifestyle change, but doesn't mean you can't still enjoy the the foods you love once and a while. And that giving in and eating things you haven't and maybe in greater amount, shocks your body and I feel resets it so you give you metabolism a boost.
  • Nighthawk4
    Nighthawk4 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This is probably not what others want to hear, but since I was in hospital in February and had to start dieting I have found it hard to eat my way up to the recommended daily allowance. Sorry :-)

However, one thing I have decided is that finding my weight has gone up a little instead of down (or just not going down) is not too serious. The important thing is to eat more carefully and for the general trend to be downwards.

Having given up fried foods and sweets and chocolate - at first I would not touch any of those at all. I am starting to make myself unpopular in the office as I keep talking about the foods I can't eat any more.

More recently I have started to acknowledge that eating one piece of cake or one chocolate is not going to kill me. What was doing the damage was to be eating so many of them - all the time.

So if you feel happier by eating a little of something you really enjoy once in a while, I would say go ahead. Just be aware you might be undoing some of your hard work, which you will have to do again. If you are content with that, then enjoy.

The psychological help given by the occasional treat is probably well worth it.
  • blueyedgal27
    Options
    I love what the guy had to say about it being good for the mind and the body, how it sparks up the metabolism. Interesting1 Cheat day it is!!! LOL
  • ncwall
    ncwall Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    thats what i thought these are fitness models who have cheat days people who are in "prime condition" thought posting the video might help out some of the people who beat them selves up over a cheat day.