Exercising on lunch break- no shower

Options
I recently started a new job at an awesome company that offers lots of health, wellness and exercises classes for employees (for FREE!!!) a couple days a week there is a class called 'strength and tone' that I'd like to start going to. Apparently its a combo of cardio and weight exercises and lasts about 30 minutes.

The kink in my plan is that I don't have time to shower after lunch. Our building only has one shower and my schedule isn't very flexible to be waiting around for ages to shower.

I'd really like to take advantage of some of these exercise classes, but I'm wondering how I can clean myself up enough after the class that I can go back to work. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Nyrehtak
    Nyrehtak Posts: 12
    Options
    I used to hit the gym at lunch and didn't have time to shower before I went back to work. Baby wipes work wonders. You can do the scented or unscented.. either way work really well to wash off the sweat without soaking in a shower.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    just towel off. one workout isnt going to cause you to be stinky unless you have other hormonal issues.

you can also use moist towelettes .

to help stop sweating you can plunge your face in an sink filled with cold water.

also remember afterwards to not use as much make up as you normally would since your face is going to be all fresh from the blood flow
  • Shaundese
    Shaundese Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started exercising on my lunch hour. Initially, I tried to shower after my workout. However, there's just not enough time. Therefore, I do the baby wipe thing and keep it moving. Exercising during lunch makes it less dreadful because after work I want to go straight home. I learned that exercising during lunch time, allows me assurance of getting it in. Otherwise, I can have my gym bag ready to go, start heading straight to the gym when a little voice say "girl go on home". Miraculously, my car will begin driving itself straight to the house because I actually hate to exercise, but I know it is the only way. Not even on a vein note, but for my health. I'm getting old :laugh:
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I designed my own wipes like this:

Mix together 1 squirt of Dr. Bronner's liquid castile soap in any scent (I use eucalyptus scent to feel extra fresh post-workout) with 1.5 cup of water and pour it over some disposable wash cloths, making sure they are soaked but not dripping wet. Keep them in a disposable airtight storage container in your desk. I think this is better (and cheaper) than baby wipes and it doesn't dry out my skin. Keep an extra stick of deodorant and any other toiletries you need there too.
  • LindsayE007
    LindsayE007 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Wipe down and use body spray and you are all set!
  • cannie55
    cannie55 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'm glad that I should be able to pull this off. I love the idea of making my own wipes!