How do you curb those evening/night cravings?

Options
13»

Replies

• hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    After my evening meal I have a pint of iced water with a teaspoon of cider vinegar stirred in, cons the system into thinking its satisfied, an old chinese recipe, I think.:drinker:
  • gmichaelguy
    gmichaelguy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My best defense against sweet cravings has been the elimination of all (even artificially) sugary sweet foods completely--including diet soda. I've switched any products that have added sugar (and artificial sweeteners) to ones without and worked on increasing protein and fiber. I do eat fruit with natural sweetness, but as much as I like strawberries I never feel like I'll die without them. But when I ate more (even artificially) sweet foods, I did have more issues. And I drink my coffee black (always have) so I don't start the day with sugar either. Fruit is my only sugar.
  • Btmartin54
    Btmartin54 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while if the craving is bad, I will have a Crystal Light packet in my water. I normally drink water only, so CL tastes pretty sweet to me.

I do the same...it really does help satisfy my sweet tooth. If I really want it, I'll include it in my daily calorie count. I'll ever be able to have a diet that didn't include something sweet. :smile:
  • Winter_ELF
    Options
    Can someone please tell me what Crystal Light is? What does it taste like. I haven't actually heard of it here in Oz
  • arianamari3
    arianamari3 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I know that if I stay up late, I will be hungry. I eat my last meal at 7:30 or 8 and go to bed no later than 9:30. That way I have a proper meal still in me and my tummy doesn't grumble :)
  • 4Elyse2012
    4Elyse2012 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light is a powdered drink mix (also comes premade, I think) that is zero calorie or low calorie, I can't remember. Made with artificial sweeteners. I personally don't like the taste, just b/c it tastes artificial to me; however, I know lots of people that love it. It comes in a lot of fruity flavors.

All of these suggestions have given me some ideas to try on my own, thanks everyone! I didn't mention that I have a really mixed up schedule (work nights 8p-8a) 3x/week, and my young daughter has a late bedtime right now and I often go to bed when she does. It makes things challenging, but we're figuring it out! I can't even remember the last time I went to bed at 9 or 9:30pm! Sounds fabulous.....
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Yes. And I have budgeted for the calories and usually eat some greek yoghurt with strawberries or raspberries.

about 140cal snack.
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Herbal Teas or Low fat Hot Chocolate sorts out my cravings.
    That reminds me - must buy more Hot Chocolate :)
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt with honey/conserve or a couple of squares of dark chocolate. Add a hot drink and you got your sweet fix and stomach thinks it's full :)
  • Gwoman2012
    Gwoman2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I budget in a bowl of sweet cereal right before bed. It's currently Coco Puffs, which is crap, but as long as I keep it to a cup it is WAY less then my cookie/candy binge I used to have every night.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I would just budget in the calories and eat a sweet evening/late night snack.

That's what I do. I have a glass of chocolate milk at bedtime most nights. About 150 calories and delicious.
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    I have Carnation Instant Breakfast-chocolate made with 8 oz of milk. Solves the cravings and gives me a little protein before I go to bed. SOmetimes jsut a cup of hot coco will do it too.
  • Chi420
    Chi420 Posts: 3
    Options
    :smile: I"ll usually just eat something light like maybe some fruit or something or milk too
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,266 Member
    Options
    I budget for an apple with peanut butter every night.
  • zasae
    zasae Posts: 30
    Options
    Lots and lots of glasses of water
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hot Water, my body thinks it got soup.

Interesting thing I learned about water: hot to fill you, cold to hydrate.
  • tonylea186
    Options
    I agree with chewing gum, definitely helps curb my cravings :) Here is a good article that lists 7 tips on how to avoid evening indulging: http://www.sdhealthyliving.com/7-tips-to-help-you-tame-those-evening-cravings
  • ab_1203
    ab_1203 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Not everyones cup of tea but Coke Zero kills the cravings for me. Im ridiculously addicted!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I trained myself. After dinner I brushed my teeth and told myself the kitchen was closed. After a couple of weeks I got used to it and my night cravings went away.