Sugar

Options
aslaurais
aslaurais Posts: 14 Member
I am really having a tough time with eating too much sugar. I crave sugar; it makes me feel better but I know it's bad for weight loss and overall health. Does anyone else have a severe sweet tooth? Do you have anything that helps? I was doing really well today until I got home from work and saw all the stuff I need to do -- overwhelmed!! I have anxiety issues and I swear the sugar helps me cope better. Ugh.

Replies

• Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Jack Lalanne nailed this 60 years ago...
    Sugarholics - Jack Lalanne
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJVEPB_l8FU

And the key is to wean off slowly...no secrets...
  • janetsnakehole
    janetsnakehole Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. If I buy the stuff then I just eat it and eat it and eat it. I have to not buy it or only buy it on a designated cheat day (and even then only get a little). My worst was probably when I quit drinking soda back in October. I was proud of myself for quitting soda but then I was eating a ton of candy. I realized that hey, that's not any better, and I went candy-free for a few weeks to try to break myself of the habit. Good luck! Hopefully someone will have some good tips!
  • beviboop13
    beviboop13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not yet, but in the July 23rd Womens World they had an interesting article about green coffee beans. I ordered some and can't wait to see if they work! You can also google it. They have no side effects and they supposedly kill the cravings, and help keep blood sugar stable and help you burn fat! Please let it work! :wink:
  • KLI80
    KLI80 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth for sure! I have also found to wean off slowly. Too quickly and I find I just binge - a handful of chocolate chips or a can of coke or too much cookie dough... it's all bad :ohwell: I have found one other solution that works for me, although it's a little odd... :tongue: I find if I keep a can of diet sprite in the fridge, it works perfectly for sugar cravings b/c it tastes terrible! HA! Really, if I'm craving sugar I will take one sip of Sprite Zero and have suddenly lost all interest in anything else that tastes sweet as well. It's such a fake sugar that it kinda throws you off from the whole idea of wanting sugar. Make sense? I don't know, a bit silly for sure. Worth a try maybe?
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    yes. I am having MAJOR sugar issues. I was shocked at how much sugar I consume - even after I was trying to keep it in check. Still struggling with it but I keep sugary stuff out of the house. I live alone so that's easier. I just take it one meal at a time. Then if I occasionally want ice cream or something I have it. but just one serving
  • rose_mortem
    rose_mortem Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    sweet potatoes. no joke, they're my favorite dessert (other than the TOM ice cream binges)
    start cutting back slowly, it'll get easier. add me if you want :flowerforyou:
  • AlexNickos
    AlexNickos Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Try eating fruit like apples or dried fruit when you get a craving for sugar
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    this is probably a strange suggestion, but i was the same way (not so much now) and i had bought some chewable Fiber Choice tablets (strawberry) and anyway, they are really good and taste like candy and got rid of my sweet tooth, u obviously shouldnt eat like bunches of them a day or anything, but to me, they seemed to get rid of the craving for sweets.
  • divinexheirocity
    divinexheirocity Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Try eating fruit like apples or dried fruit when you get a craving for sugar

This is my personal method too. Works like a charm for me.
  • aslaurais
    aslaurais Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I am going to just do one day at a time and monitor it through my diary. I have had a lot of dental work lately and it has to be because of sugar (and bad teeth from my dad). I'm white and puffy like marshmallows.. time to stop it!!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Tough one for me too.
    I can go a few weeks without any, but then a vacation will come along and I let go of control outside of my own environment.
    I can stick to raw food bars and chocolate coated rice cakes during a run of goodish days, but once I fall off, it is pastries and chocolate and ice cream binge fests. I am now just trying to go back to how I was, which is allowing a treat if I fancy one, rather than going all out and bingeing on everything I like in one go. And with luck, once I allow that, my need for it might diminish. I will always get the pmt monster munchies, I think, but I have found that the more I try and eat clean, and deny myself foods, the more I end up binge eating.