Wii Fit Balance Board

Options
Hello there :). I use Wii Fit Plus, and I love it. But when I weight in with the balance board it says I'm five pounds lighter than I really am. Is there a way to fix this? I've tried changing the batteries, and It also came with extra circular things that go on the bottom. I just want it to be more accurate because I don't have a real scale at my house.

Any Suggestions would be fantastic :D

Replies

• celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I know if you put the board on the carpet it messes the whole thing up lol (was 8 pounds lighter I liked that!) Then I moved it to the kitchen floor and it was the same as my scale.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Helloo :smile:

I use the Wii Fit Plus for most of my exercise as I hate going to the gym.
    I also use it as my scales. Our bathroom scales aren't digital and don't measure in pounds (only in stones and kg) so I can't measure any difference in weight so the wii fit gives me a better indication of how much weight I'm losing/gaining. Going to get digital bathroom scales soon to see how accurate the wii fit has been.

When I went to see a nurse about weight loss advice, she said the wii fit is actually quite good in terms of weighing and such and when she took my weight, it was very close (if not the exact same) as what the wii fit said I was. I'm not sure about the difference between putting it on hard surfaces and on carpets (I use mine on a carpet, it's not a thick one though), but if you use it on the same surface each time you weigh yourself, I'm assuming you can still get a good indicaiton of your progress.
  • yumyumtumtum
    Options
    Yeah, I've notice that is is different off of the carpet. Do you think if I got the mat from a wii kit, that it would help?

like this one?:
    http://www.amazon.com/Wii-7-In-1-Lady-Fitness-Workout-Nintendo/dp/B001UHUP0C/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=LIBBVP8SXEAE&coliid=IHQ1GV6B70OXI
  • PanaMericann
    PanaMericann Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If you claim to be doing everything right (And putting the right amount of weight for it to subtract from your clothes) than it should be correct. Try on a hard wood surface without the leg extensions and also you may have lost 5 pounds haha. My Wii Fit scale tends to say I'm one pound heavier than what the other scales say.
  • tonyspumas
    tonyspumas Posts: 31
    Options
    In the wii fit settings there is an option to calibrate the board. I would recommend trying that.
  • yumyumtumtum
    Options
    I tried calibrating it, it didn't work.
    but I will try getting a mat to help.
    thanks guys :).
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I love it too, it's my only scale hahaha. But carpeting can seem up your weight b/c it's not a flat, solid surface
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I have a wii but not the board lol.