FitBit Help!

Options
Hi all,

I recently got my FitBit linked to my account but nothing's happened as far as logging my steps and such...

Nothing happens when I put my FitBit on the port; how do I know it's syncing?

I'd apprecaite all the help I can get with this one!!

Replies

• HisHarmony
    Options
    I am having the same problem!! Have you figured it out yet???
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    On the Fitbit site: Look on the Dashboard on the right side. Under devices it lists the last sync time.

On the MFP site: Go to My Home > Check-In. You will see the number of steps and the date of the last sync.
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    Have you sat still for enough time? I've heard there are issues with syncing. Check their forum on fitbit.com out.
  • lwlock
    lwlock Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Also check the MFP Help section. That will guide you through Fitbit integration.
  • AutumnBreeze07
    AutumnBreeze07 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it takes a couple of minutes for it to synch up. You can force it to synch by putting the fitbit into its base, and even then it might take a minute before you see an update. As for synching the fitbit site to your MFP account -- sometimes that is just SLOW.....
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    So, do I post my food diary and whenever the fitbit syncs will it change my calories?? :S
  • 75Juniper
    Options
    So, do I post my food diary and whenever the fitbit syncs will it change my calories?? :S

Log your food in MFP. When it syncs, your meal totals will transfer to Fitbit's site, but it doesn't affect your calorie burn. When you have earned enough calories over what your activity level is set at, you will see an adjustment on MFP (similar to when you add exercise directly in the MFP database).

I don't use Fitbit's site for anything other that checking my stats. I make sure my weight is updated there so I get an accurate calorie burn, but that's it. I do everything in MFP and I eat the exercise calories MFP gives me.

Just be careful: if you are quite active, MFP will assume you will maintain that level the rest of the day, so you can end up losing calories as the day goes on. You can either eat yesterday's calories today or as time goes by you'll get a feel for what your calories will end up being.
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

Log your food in MFP. When it syncs, your meal totals will transfer to Fitbit's site, but it doesn't affect your calorie burn. When you have earned enough calories over what your activity level is set at, you will see an adjustment on MFP (similar to when you add exercise directly in the MFP database).

I don't use Fitbit's site for anything other that checking my stats. I make sure my weight is updated there so I get an accurate calorie burn, but that's it. I do everything in MFP and I eat the exercise calories MFP gives me.

Just be careful: if you are quite active, MFP will assume you will maintain that level the rest of the day, so you can end up losing calories as the day goes on. You can either eat yesterday's calories today or as time goes by you'll get a feel for what your calories will end up being.

Thank you so much! I noticed the adjustment this morning!

I just want to make sure I have this right. You eat your adjusted calories the day after? Is that still "allowed"? Haha!

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it!
  • 75Juniper
    Options

Thank you so much! I noticed the adjustment this morning!

I just want to make sure I have this right. You eat your adjusted calories the day after? Is that still "allowed"? Haha!

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it!

When I first had my Fitbit I would eat a day behind. So for example, when I synced this morning, I would note yesterday's total calories in my food notes for today and eat that. It all evens out in the end because you are only a day off.

Once I had a few weeks to look back on, I went back to eating today's calories today because I have a better feel for what my adjustment should look like based on my activity. If I do end up going over, it's usually by less than 100 calories and I can make that up the next day or I let it go.

:flowerforyou: