How do you log ...?

Options
I ate a tuna sandwich at a local deli. How on earth do I log that? Guess all over the place? What do you do?

Replies

• Ninikins2
    Ninikins2 Posts: 73
    Options
    If it were me, I'd log something at Quiznos. Unless it was like regular bread, I would type in sliced bread, pick one then tuna salad and guesstimate if you had half a cup or what.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    most deli sandwichs from local hometown place are around 700 calories. If you got a role its 350 for a role, then add the meat and condiments.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I would log the bread, based off average breads in the database....whole wheat, white, rye....whatever you got. Then the tuna salad....use something like subway or quizno's or look up an average one in the database and give an honest estimate to the amount you ate. Keep in mind that for weight loss or maintenance, you don't have to absolutely perfect.
  • BeanQueen3000
    Options
    I add a lot of recipes under "my recipes" that are basically my best guess at whatever ingredients happen to be in my regular orders at local restaurants. When in doubt, i try to always overestimate calorie wise. An upside of doing this is that i wind up cooking a lot of those dishes at home when i realize i could probably do it cheaper and at least a bit healthier myself. Still, the convenience of logging my "exact" order is always there when i do just want to go out.
  • halliedoll
    halliedoll Posts: 171
    Options
    well i would go with a similar sandwich from subway? or even log it piece by piece. bread, turkey, mayo, etc etc
  • Sopsongbird
    Sopsongbird Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Concerning future "unknown" meals, never be afraid to ask the employees how something is made. Under normal circumstances, they will be more than happy to help you out!
  • happymom92092
    happymom92092 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! I feel like I know what to do!

You are all fabulous!!!

:happy: