I am having a very hard time now

Options
I am really struggling trying to lose weight since I quit smoking. I am on the treadmill everyday and I am still gaining weight

Replies

• bekmom57
    Options
    So sorry to hear that.. I've never had to go through quitting smoking . But I'm here to encourage you.. I lost 10 lbs pretty quick but now kinda stuck. I've had some stress in my life so I'm sure that is why.. Dr Oz says that can raise your cortisol level which can make you gain weight. Just keep trying. A lot of the people on here say that drinking more water helps.. I try to get as much water in a day as I can. Keep going on that treadmill you'll notice a change in the way your clothes fit. I haven't lost any more weight as of late but my clothes are fitting loose. I'm down one whole size so it does make a difference. I use the treadmill.
    We also have a recumbent bike. Both are great . I go about 30 minutes that's about all I can stand or I get bored haha..
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    Stay strong. Quitting smoking is the single hardest thing I've done, but I did it May 23, 1996, and haven't looked back. Even if you plateau or even backslide a little on your weight, please don't give up on quitting smoking. You *will* conquer it, and you will be so happy you did! After that, anything else, including losing weight, will be easy!