Angry over little things....

Options
Has anyone ever experienced this? Getting really angry over little things and then taking it out/being mean to your significant other? No, it is NOT that time of the month for me. I don't know if this is associated with my complete turn around of my diet and I'm getting frustrated/cranky or if this is something else. I want to fix this and I hate how I get mean towards my boyfriends, as he does nothing but love and support me.

Anyone had this experience or have resolved an issue like this? I feel kind of lost :-(

Replies

• NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time. I think its because I feel so comfortable with him that I can let out exactly how im feeling when around him but I feel around other people I have to keep it in.
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    I have that problem. It used to be really really bad. Idk what type of person you are, but if something starts making me angry, and I start taking it out on my fiance, I tell him to leave me alone. Unfortunately he hasn't learned yet that I need my space alone and I don't just get happy in the snap of my fingers. :\ it ends up making things worse. I think I'm going to try walking when this happens and see what the results are. :)
  • kb_CG_wife
    kb_CG_wife Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I do that. For me it's because there is some big underlying issue. I'm not very good at talking about feelings, and I avoid confrontation at all costs. Therefore, I let things stew... then little things set me over the edge and I explode about EVERYTHING that's been riding my mind.
  • kmumansky
    kmumansky Posts: 119
    Options
    AT a time in my life where I was really stressed this would happen to me. Not sure if stress is triggering it for you, BUT I actually considered seeing a therapist. Not because I thought I needed medication or anything, but just for the sole purpose of venting to someone that didn't matter to me in my personal life and vise versa. I was trying to vent my negative thoughts to someone they wouldn't hurt or upset.

I ended up not having to do that, but I thought it seemed like a good idea. I had read about it somewhere, but now I can't remember where.
  • cwelch2677
    cwelch2677 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't get angry but I do get really defensive. Anytime my husband asks me "when was the last time you ran, did yoga, whatever?' I feel like he's criticizing me and I get real snippy with my answers. I just want him to notice how hard I work and how far I've come not how much I slack off which is kinda unfair to him. I don't have any advice on how to not be this way, but hope you feel better knowing it's not just you, my theory is it's because I am female :/
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    My ex-wife was like that. It's resolved now.

My fiancee is amazing and kind though!
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Yes, I had this happen to me before. I would suddenly get mad for no reason whatsoever and it seemed like I was angry all the time. I quit taking birth control and my moods returned to normal.

I don't know if this is what's happening to you, but that's how it happened for me. Could something else be messing with your hormones?
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    In my personal experience, I was having the same problem. I had a very short fuse and sometimes instant anger would be like high voltage in my head. I could almost hear the buzzing when someone, or a situation, would set me off. I also had anxiety attacks occasionally during that time. Turned out I was suffering from depression. I started taking an anti-depressant and within 3-4 days, I was cool as a cucumber. It was unbelievable the change. I was so happy that something could be done. I took the meds for about a year, then eased off and didn't have a problem after that. All in all, anti-depressants are overused these days, but if you are one of the unlucky ones that really is depressed, the new ones work very well. You won't even know you are taking them other than the fact your unbecoming symptoms will go away.

PS Depression doesn't always mean you are sad or feeling hopeless.