So Frustrating!

Options
2»

Replies

• KelseyPalmtree
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and find that I look worse when I lose weight for a little while - if I am doing it through calorie restriction and cardio alone. But if I throw in some ab, arm and leg work I suddenly look 1000% better, even after only a couple of days. Give that a go and you may find that some of the sagginess goes away. Good luck!

Yeah, I'm doing the 30 Day Shred. I'm not a huge fan of plain cardio lol. And it's not really sagginess that I'm seeing. I feel like everything just looks bigger. Like I gained weight somehow. It's odd and annoying lol.
  • KelseyPalmtree
    Options
    Hi don't lose heart.
    I've done every diet under the sun, we have a mini gym that I used it 40 to 60 mins aday every day , but the change was always minimal.
    Then I had an accident in March which stoped all exercise for 3 months or so.
    I then joined MTP end of May after putting more weight on ! By this time was able to get out and walk bit and kept to a very stricked 1200 cals .MTP has been a god send. And although exercise very restricted and was still enjoying a couple of glasses a night the weight still came off.
    Then when I thought my knee was doing well , had a massive set back, had surgery 2 weeks ago on my knee and I am virtually on bed rest and doing absolutely nothing. I thought great all that hard Work etc for nothing as I would start to gain weight again etc.
    But guess what I havnt , I am losing weight whilst maintaining 12000 cal intake, I can't believe it !
    I weigh less now than longer than I can remember !
    MTP has got to take credit for it because , as a serial dieter this is the best I have ever done and still enjoy my food and a drink.
    ( do tend to eat things that aid the metabolism )
    So I strongly support the post about not taking in enough calories. It was so tempting to just starve my self whilst I was on bed rest for fear of gaining weight but decided to trust the experts .
    Go on give it ago you got nothing to lose but weight.
    Good luck

But what if I'm just not hungry?? The days that I don't get up to 1200 (or whatever my goal is for the day), it's because i'm just not hungry and I eat until I'm full. It was my understanding that it's bad to eat past when you're full. Is that wrong? I'm going to feel very dumb if it is lol. I'm by no means TRYING to starve myself. If I'm hungry, I eat. I just try to make sure it's something healthy.

I think I was in the same situation as you, I literally had to retrain my body. Right now your body knows to be hungry around breakfast, lunch and dinner because that is when it gets its nutrition and then it stores it. You should never "feel hungry". The way I had it explained to me was that when you start to "feel hungry" your body is already starting to use itself for nutrition. Eating every 2-3 hours allows your body to have the resources it needs to feed itself without heading to your muscles. It finally got to the point that I wouldn't need to remind myself to eat every few hours my body did it for me.

I'm usually good about snacking, but I'll try to be more diligent about it. Maybe that will help.

• KelseyPalmtree
    Options
    Keep up the good work!

Whenever I'm bloated and it's not because of my cycle it's usually from eating to many carbs (good and bad) as well as a lot of fiber rich food. Just remember if you are eating a lot of fiber rich food you need to up your water intake. Fiber won't move as quickly if there isn't any fluid there to help it move along.

Also, one thing I learned from using My Fitness Pal is to pay more attention to my sugar and carb intake. I got so fixated on that caloric number that I wan't paying attention to anything else. Even on days when I was just under my calorie goal, my sugar and carb intake was maybe double then what I should be eating. Thus I really haven't noticed the number on the scale go down any. I just recently figured all this out, so from here on out I'm paying a bit more attention to everything :o)

Good Luck!

Haha if only my family could see your water suggestion. They'd probably fall over laughing lol. My family (and my bf's family) call me the Camel. I drink sooooooo much water most days lol. Usually way over my 8 recommended glasses. lol. I don't always remember to log all of it, but I do down water like it's going out of style lol.

What's your take on the whole natural sugar thing? Cause while I do eat some sugar that's not natural, the majority of the sugar I get is from fruit.
  • brimarie95
    brimarie95 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    When I started, I was working out and thought I looked worse as well. I just credited it to my muscles getting bigger and pushing my fat out more against my skin and it made it look worse. Just keep at it and the fat will start to fall off. Exact same thing happened to me. I would be stretching and look at my legs and they would look more dimply and fatty than before. Now, I look at them and they look a hundred times better.
  • KelseyPalmtree
    Options
    When I started, I was working out and thought I looked worse as well. I just credited it to my muscles getting bigger and pushing my fat out more against my skin and it made it look worse. Just keep at it and the fat will start to fall off. Exact same thing happened to me. I would be stretching and look at my legs and they would look more dimply and fatty than before. Now, I look at them and they look a hundred times better.

Thanks :) I'll definitely keep at it, and hope that that's all the problem is!!
  • d4wn66
    d4wn66 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi Kelsey
    Oh god I wasn't trying to insinuate you starve your self , what I was trying to say is that I once would of considered doing this ! Sorry for any miss understanding.
    All I know I guess is that I make my self eat something in the morning that will kick start my metabolism if I m hungry or not, weather it's a smoothie , or something else. I know the days where my calories have not added up to 1200 the weight loss hasn't changed.
    Also most of whati eat now for breakfast or lunch are high in antioxidants and/or fibre.
    I don't want to sound almighter than thou , And I really don't know how I am still losing weight doing absolutely nothing which goes against every thing I read but I am ( long may it last lol)
    Cheers Dawn
  • KelseyPalmtree
    Options
    Hi Kelsey
    Oh god I wasn't trying to insinuate you starve your self , what I was trying to say is that I once would of considered doing this ! Sorry for any miss understanding.
    All I know I guess is that I make my self eat something in the morning that will kick start my metabolism if I m hungry or not, weather it's a smoothie , or something else. I know the days where my calories have not added up to 1200 the weight loss hasn't changed.
    Also most of whati eat now for breakfast or lunch are high in antioxidants and/or fibre.
    I don't want to sound almighter than thou , And I really don't know how I am still losing weight doing absolutely nothing which goes against every thing I read but I am ( long may it last lol)
    Cheers Dawn

Oh no worries. I didn't think you were trying to say that. Just had to clarify that I wasn't :P

I've usually been having a smoothie after my morning workout (I make a batch, and my friend and I split it). Then after she leaves I usually make an omelet, or some whole wheat toast w/ peanut butter.

I don't know, maybe I should stop worrying about making everything I eat low calorie, then maybe i'll be closer to my goal calorie at the end of the day and not feel like I have to scrounge for something to eat to fill the gap lol.
  • brendaschmitt1
    Options
    Have you measured everything? Sometimes you think you haven't lost anything but you did. You gain muscle and loss fat but the scale does not move much. I have been strength training for the past 7weeks and was upset because the scale did not move much but when I took pics today and compared them it was very obvious that I lost fat. Also are you sure you are logging every single thing you eat down?
  • d4wn66
    d4wn66 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi Kelsey
    I was just looking at some inspirational quotes ( god ive got far to much time on my hands lol)

I found this one and thougt of your : ) .

To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first.
    William Shakespeare
  • brendaschmitt1
    Options
    Also take picture. i was amazed at how much I lost by viewing before and after picture. Sometimes you don't realize that you lost weight unless you see a pictures.
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My diet coach told me its okay to eat fruit but make sure I eat it with protein, like peanut butter or an egg in the morning. Something about your body processing the sugar differently when eaten with protein. I will have to find out what he said exactly
  • StephJB1221
    StephJB1221 Posts: 225
    Options
    Eat 40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% fats ....and no processed foods.

Eat every 2-3 hours.
    Meals 300-350 calories.
    Snacks around 150 calories

Drink water water water!!! I drink about 128 ounces or more a day!!

Try tracking your day the night prior to insure you meet your daily goals! Having your day planned will help you control how and what you eat!!!

If your looking for a support team message me and I'll add you to my team on facebook!

Good luck!!
  • Smithslivingclean
    Smithslivingclean Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi don't lose heart.
    I've done every diet under the sun, we have a mini gym that I used it 40 to 60 mins aday every day , but the change was always minimal.
    Then I had an accident in March which stoped all exercise for 3 months or so.
    I then joined MTP end of May after putting more weight on ! By this time was able to get out and walk bit and kept to a very stricked 1200 cals .MTP has been a god send. And although exercise very restricted and was still enjoying a couple of glasses a night the weight still came off.
    Then when I thought my knee was doing well , had a massive set back, had surgery 2 weeks ago on my knee and I am virtually on bed rest and doing absolutely nothing. I thought great all that hard Work etc for nothing as I would start to gain weight again etc.
    But guess what I havnt , I am losing weight whilst maintaining 12000 cal intake, I can't believe it !
    I weigh less now than longer than I can remember !
    MTP has got to take credit for it because , as a serial dieter this is the best I have ever done and still enjoy my food and a drink.
    ( do tend to eat things that aid the metabolism )
    So I strongly support the post about not taking in enough calories. It was so tempting to just starve my self whilst I was on bed rest for fear of gaining weight but decided to trust the experts .
    Go on give it ago you got nothing to lose but weight.
    Good luck

But what if I'm just not hungry?? The days that I don't get up to 1200 (or whatever my goal is for the day), it's because i'm just not hungry and I eat until I'm full. It was my understanding that it's bad to eat past when you're full. Is that wrong? I'm going to feel very dumb if it is lol. I'm by no means TRYING to starve myself. If I'm hungry, I eat. I just try to make sure it's something healthy.

By eating a small healthy snack (e.g. nuts, yogurt, orange...etc) in between meals your body will be able to stay in digestion. When we think we are not hungry it's because our metabolisim is slowing down. So for it to continue to digest it stays active and highers our metabolism. Plus, if you are not feeling hungry that's a good indication your on the right track you really don't want to get that hungry feeling because it means your body is going into "store mood" and in turn lowers your metabolism. Like mentioned....measure measure measure....I have also heard that we gain weight before losing it and I have seen it before as well. Plus other people will see results before we do because we are so obsessivley watching each day or everytime we see a mirror. Try to lay off the scales and just trust that you are on the right path. Trick the mind and let it know that you ARE losing the weight. Running is also a great way to lose the weight. Remember that if you are working out you will also gain the weight through muscles (weighs more than fat) also know that sodium retains water and makes us swell up. Any ways, you are beautiful exactly the way you are now. We must first accept how we look now in order to change. For me I will continue to beat myself up and eat more unhealthy foods out of rebellion because I am not accepting of how I look and embracing my beauty as is. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! EMBRACE IT!!!!! Everyone looks different so STOP comparing yourself also!! :)