new to the race looking for support......

Options
Im new too this website....ive yoyo dieted my entire life I lost alot of weight before my wedding two years ago and then let myself go again. Recently when I hit 330 I needed to try something new. I do not want to live like this. I will never be 120 lbs and i accept this I have a large family and i know some of it is genetics. I just would like to lose a healthy amount of weight to be proud of. I have had this app for 3 days......it has definatly made me more aware of the kinds of calories that are in foods. I also have been more active in my gym membership and am hoping to keep that motivation going. Im just looking for some friends for support and motivational words people who understand what i may be going through. id love for you to add me and offer any advice you think i may need.

Replies

• TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hello,

1. Keep track of the food you eat. Sounds easy but most people underestimate their calories by 50%.

2. Don't skip meals. The reason for this is simple, when you skip a meal you are hungrier longer. This will trigger something in your brain that will draw you to high calorie foods (cravings). If you can eat at regular intervals, that will help.

3. Low fat dairy that is high in calcium actually traps fat and keeps it from absorbing into your system. In other words you poop it out.

4. Protein and Fiber will keep you full longer and it has the added benefit of retaining or gaining some muscle.

5. Exercise has the added benefit of after-burn. When you exercise you deplete your fat stores, not many but enough that in the next 22 hours they will have to be replenished and thats where the weight loss comes in.

6. Any exercise is good for you. Take the stairs, park away from the building, walk to the corner grocery store, take a bike ride. Everything doesn't have to be an all out exercise attack. Anything you can do will help.
  • susanfisher
    susanfisher Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Add me if you would like..I can try and help.
  • gomidas2007
    gomidas2007 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
  • ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    thank you for your advice
  • JPenny12
    JPenny12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you're looking for some support! I'm pretty new here too. Just looking to stay active and eat healthy.
  • BeeRobin
    BeeRobin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

I just joined the 'site' today but started my weight loss journey on March 3rd of this year. Since then, I've lost 65lbs and have about that same amount to reach my goal.

I agree with the poster above. Track your calories, add movement when you can, eat as cleanly as you can--(as close to the food source as possible i.e. eat blueberries not blueberry muffins) and stay positive. Remember--you are worth the time and effort you are putting into this.
  • MrsSherrill
    Options
    welcome back! =)
    friends and support is good and can never have to much of!
    request coming your way! =)
  • cltmet2
    cltmet2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am joining today as well. I lose the weight and then gain it back so I am understand the yoyo syndrome oh but too well.