Frustrated.....

Options
Hey everyone!
My name is Michele and I am 36 years old. I was almost always pretty small (size 4-8) until I had my second child. Now let's not pretend my eating habits are wonderful..... I eat fairly nutritious foods but my portions sizes are not so good. Especially if it is something I love.... I will eat it until I make myself sick! So those days are gone.... Who's with me???? Let's start our journey and take our lives back!

Michele
starting weight: 154 at only 5'4" (okay so maybe really 5' 3.5")

Replies

• CaliforniaKitty
    Options
    I feel you. I'm the same when it comes to food. It's not that I eat too unhealthy, it's just I don't know when to stop when it's something I really enjoy. Self control is not my friend right now, LOL.

Good luck on your journey!
  • laynie878
    laynie878 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I too am frustrated because I lose my will power ALL the time. I eat fairly healthy most of the time, but when presented with something scrumptious I go nuts. I am working on this--I also gained weight after the birth of my second child. Best of luck to you!
  • veduffey
    veduffey Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi Michele: You can do this. The program is great. Keeps me accountable and I love that we can all do this together! Hang in there! Victoria
  • localfarmgirl
    localfarmgirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am with you. I can do fine all day but I have a difficult time with portion control. I also have a terrible time at night. I too am 5'4" and would love to see 15 pounds gone. Keep in touch!
  • den003
    den003 Posts: 2
    Options
    :smile: Hi Michelle...I too, am new here...as of 5 mins ago. I am addicted to sugar and can't seem to stick to any diet/exercise program.
    I would like to lose 27lbs, but i will be happy with 20lbs. i need support to do this, i need help and i can't afford to hire a personal trainer or nutrionist, so i hope that this site is of some help...i wish everyone the best in hitting their goal weight, one pound at a time.
  • TallyGal97
    TallyGal97 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you spell your name right! Another Michele here! I completely get what you are saying. I've worked hard to get where I am and I'm afraid of losing my focus. Hence, the reason for joining MFP today...something new. I would like to lose another 15 pounds.
  • ninabeia929
    Options
    I'm with you! I eat healthy all week m-f then on the weekends splurge. I am trying so hard to be more strict on the weekends but, sometimes the will power goes out the window. We can all use motivation that's why we are on mfp. Best of luck to you and feel free to add me! =)
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    A path begins with a single step =]
  • JGunccRugby
    Options
    My personal hell is that someone brings in Ruth lunch or breakfast to my office every single day. It's bad enough that my favorite restaurant doesn't serve a single healthy thing but when it's brought to you it's a much bigger challenge.
  • cocotier
    cocotier Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same here, healthy habit and yet I love to eat the good stuff; although, too much of it is why I am here. I would like to lose 20lb. I started 10 days ago at 155lb and I am now at 151lb. Doing better that expected, the program is great and easy to use. Feel free to add me.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Here!Here!

I think I ate less before I ate healthier. back then I knew it wasn't the healthiest so controlled portions, but then I got all healthy and it's ike "Well, it's HEALTHY, so 2 extra servings can't be bad..."
  • MySantaigo
    Options
    I am so with you all! I am only trying to lose about 3-5 pounds, I started with the idea of 5-10, but now I am thinking, crap, is 3 even realistic? My body just loves staying at 131-130. I mean, I can live with this, but not if I am doing all the restriction, giving up the evening glass of wine. I am very frustrated that I am restricting my diet and staying the same weight, what's up with that? I don't feel like 3 pounds should be so hard to lose.

So yes, portions can be an issue for me too and weekends too, I am a splurger as well--truth be told. But the rest of the week I eat well.

I don't know about ya'll, but 1200 calories today feels impossible!!!

On a positive note, I am running and sleeping well ;-) But I miss that wine!
  • smd0816
    smd0816 Posts: 7
    Options
    Its nice that we are able to be honest here about what we eat. I also stuggle with portion control when I like a certain food. The summer is especially hard for me because I love BBQ foods.....