New mom, New to MFP, new to Zumba

Options
Hey, I am 23, and just had a little boy 11 weeks ago! He is amazing and his mommy's inspiration to get healthy. I quit smoking a year ago, now my goal is to quit eating junk and stop making up excuses to not exercise. I need some friends who understand and will motivate/inspire me. Also, someone who knows how difficult it is to work full-time, be a new mom, and try to lose weight.

I really like this site, and would love to help inspire someone else, that is why my diary is public. Everyone makes mistakes, you are weak if you give up after one mishap. Only the strong learn from it and keep going.

Love to make new friends!! ADD ME! IF I can do it, YOU can do it!

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! but it hates me. Or, I should say my heart hates it...LOL

And just being a new mom is hard enough with out the other stuff! Good for you for your commitment!
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA! I have been doing it for 10 months, and I have gained 30 pounds of muscle. We do class 3 times a week for 60 minutes. It is like my life. Everyone in my class has lost drastic weight. I have a health issue , that gives me a hard time about loosing weight. So check my profile and feel free to add me. congrats on the baby as well.
  • OspreyWife
    OspreyWife Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi I'm new here too! I'm 25 and a mom of two :)
    I added you as a friend and I would love to know how you end up liking zumba! It looks fun but I've never tried it myself
  • MonkeyFlower
    MonkeyFlower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    wow your amazing starting this with an 11 week old son, it took me till my youngest was almost two till i had the energy! :) great job!!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    wow your amazing starting this with an 11 week old son, it took me till my youngest was almost two till i had the energy! :) great job!!

I don't think I had the energy to do anything until my youngest was NINE!
    LO!

KUDOS to all of you!!!
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA! I have been doing it for 10 months, and I have gained 30 pounds of muscle. We do class 3 times a week for 60 minutes. It is like my life. Everyone in my class has lost drastic weight. I have a health issue , that gives me a hard time about loosing weight. So check my profile and feel free to add me. congrats on the baby as well.
    It's great that you enjoy it so much but to gain muscle you have to to two things...

Lift ever increasingly heavier weights
    Consume more calories than you burn

It's not possible to gain muscle on a calorie deficit in virtually every case except newcomers who can gain a few pounds of muscle and lose fat during the early stages.

You've probably lost enough fat to show your muscles - which is great