Hit the wall....frustrated...

Options
Hi all

This is my first post, so excuse my newbieness...I have come down from 100kgs to 93kgs..I am 1.81cms tall. .Was 91kgs...Took me awhile. I am a serial exerciser, walking, running, cycling, hiking, weights..In trying to trim down, I cut calories to around 1200 cals or thereabouts per day. Trouble is, I seem to have gone backwards. What worked before does not seem to working now. Felt incredibly over tired (I have a demanding work/commuting schedule during the week as well). And worse..thought it seems counter intuitive, I have put on weight, to the point, I do not feel like jumping on the scales. My BMR on this website says I should be around 1800 cals. It seems my body went into some kind of reverse...I am monitoring my intake to get things shipshape, cut out nuts, dried fruit which I believe I may have fooled myself into thinking they couldnt be doing me much harm.

I have upped my food intake, all mostly healthy stuff, I have never had a problem with fast food or the like. Plus increased the intensity of my exercises, so that I rev up my metabolic rate, I intend to do HIIT at least 3 times per week, with low intensity exercise thrown in on off days (walking, cycling). My goal is to reverse my current trend. Anyhow, if you have any tips I'd appreciate your input. Its really disappointing to put the effort in and go backwards. Just sharing this.

Thanks

Replies

• EstherZue
    EstherZue Posts: 39
    Options
    I was at the same point couple weeks ago. I took the insanity elite nutrition guide as inspiration and changed my diet to: 5 meals each 300 cals 40% carbs 40% protein 20% fat. Also cleaned up my diet completely: No processed foods or ready meals, no cereal, sugar, sweetener, bread, pasta, rice, dressings, etc. just natural produce. Its tough but kick started my weight loss.